Fx impact gauge is off

Tiny gauges are just a reference, it might be better if manufacturers used ABCD...
Always trust your best gauge. Many have $$ scba tanks with decent larger gauges and generally trust those, I like verifing a new tank/guage with a friends know good unit.

You said your "compressor" gauge reads 45 bar ( a fair amount to be off eh? Enough that you cant let others esp. if newbies fill it w/out close supervision) now if you have an airtex or bauer or other well respected unit, YES use the comp. gauge but if you have a $300.00 comp. unit "I" would invest in a good gauge.

45bar is a BIT TOO much off for me, if a brand new rifle "I" would ask to be sent a new gauge unless it voids warrenty tho there is some chance they would say it's within spec and or send one no better.

I like a small strip of pin stripping right where the fill mark should be ( red is nice ) so if anyone else is filling they might have some clue when to stop adding air.

Filling to low ( but above the reg) only costs you shot count, wont hurt a ting.

John

John

Omaralaa, the gauges on my new Crown are within 5bar of my Crystal digital test gauge. Are you sure your compressor gauge is correct? I've had brand new liquid filled 2.5" Wika's that were off by 100psi, although the majority were a lot closer. If possible I'd have all three gauges confirmed by someone with a quality test gauge. Send them to me and I'd gladly check them for you.
Jimmy

"jking"Omaralaa, the gauges on my new Crown are within 5bar of my Crystal digital test gauge. Are you sure your compressor gauge is correct? I've had brand new liquid filled 2.5" Wika's that were off by 100psi, although the majority were a lot closer. If possible I'd have all three gauges confirmed by someone with a quality test gauge. Send them to me and I'd gladly check them for you.
Jimmy
I had a crown and my crown had a great gauge and it matched my compressor gauge so i know my compressor gauge is accurate and just to make sure i screewed off the tank and bleed all the air in the gun and the reg gauge showed 0 but tge bottle gauge showed 40 bars so i know its off by 40 bars