• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact fixed shroud

My .25 came equipped with the fixed FX shroud.
At "max" power setting (factory settings) it is quieter than popping the top on a canned soda, and that is with no baffles **(baffles not included) So quiet in fact that the absence of baffles instantly became a non-issue for my needs... and my neighbors are close on 3 sides :(

End cap inner cone is machined a little rough, but the fit and finish of each section's threads is very smooth and precise, allowing near seamless transition between segments and fairly close tolerance exit @ about .290"

There are 4 identical middle sections plus a distinct front and back. The rifle cutout in the later "long" hard-case requires at least one LDC section be removed to fit.

** These late style segmented LDC's appear to be designed to readily accept a baffle(s) with .125" thick edges.

Can someone confirm that the .25 FX Impact male threaded shroud end-cap would work with: FEMALE THREAD M20X1 RIGHT HAND?

Mine only has an air stipper that is screwed on the barrel and also serves as the end cap for the shroud. The shroud is hollow and screws onto a band down the barrel.

My fixed shroud is actually quite efficient, not sure if I want to add any additional things on it to make it more quiet.

Anyone thinks that it's worth to add any micro-holes near the base of the shroud to allow air to slowly release out...the same way some modded their Vulcan bullpup? I noticed in one of Ernest's videos where he worked on an FX Impact' that the extendable shroud had about ten micro-holes (5 each on 180 degrees apart on the rear).

"Ziabeam"My .25 came equipped with the fixed FX shroud.
At "max" power setting (factory settings) it is quieter than popping the top on a canned soda, and that is with no baffles **(baffles not included) So quiet in fact that the absence of baffles instantly became a non-issue for my needs... and my neighbors are close on 3 sides :(

End cap inner cone is machined a little rough, but the fit and finish of each section's threads is very smooth and precise, allowing near seamless transition between segments and fairly close tolerance exit @ about .290"

There are 4 identical middle sections plus a distinct front and back. The rifle cutout in the later "long" hard-case requires at least one LDC section be removed to fit.

** These late style segmented LDC's appear to be designed to readily accept a baffle(s) with .125" thick edges.

Do you have any photos of your setup? Are the four identical middle sections inside your shroud?

Here's an online photo.
The sections are part of the enlarged external front portion. There are 7 pieces;
  • Main tube (slides over barrel and attaches to threaded muzzle)
  • Enlarged Front Cap
  • Enlarged Rear Cap (screws onto main tube)
  • Four middle segments between front and rear cap
geluiddemper-fx-impact.jpg

Edit;
The "Main Tube" has an internal aft o-ring that grips the barrel, and the main tube stops just shy of the micrometer adjuster above the tank.

Thank you for the good info. I got my .25 fixed shroud/barrel from another forum member. It's the Long barrel and only came with a threaded end-cap that seems to be designed to accept those FX stackable mods pieces. I am looking at an adapter on Ebay that allows you to add a 1/2" 20 UNF LDC.

This stripper/end-cap is what's inside the end of the shroud:

Without the protector cap:

Mine, (.25 cal), arrived with the fixed shroud pictured on this page. The first time I shot it I had to look again at the pressure gauge....it sounded like there was no pressure in it even though it had a full charge. Just a click. I've not heard the sliding shroud so this might be meaningless....but my Cricket is way louder and I thought it was quiet.

Hi gmg the fixed shroud is quieter,its got an air stripper screwed on the front of the barrel,and with a ldc attatched to the 1 piece shroud via an adaptor with a half inch x20 thread its very quiet....the extending shroud ..al.i can say on that one ..its better than nothing,..i certainly would not attach.a close tolerance ldc to the end of an extending shroud,because when tour o rings wear out clipping will be a high probability
Hope this helps
Rgds steve

Hi ch
There should be no sifference in accuracy really, and you may jave a difderence in point of aim,due to barrel harmonics, and the extending shroud is also heavier and that may in itself change point of impacts ..try shooting a group with shroud/extendable shroud on ,then using the same point of aim shoot without anything on at all,that will give you real time info
Rgds steve