• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Impact Fix & Mods for more FPS / FPE

Looks like Huma really missed the boat on this one . Who in their right mind would want to turn their mild mannered extremely tuneable FX Impact into a true hammer capable of .22LR power for close to 150$ .........................EVERYONE WHO HAS ONE .

Stunning as it may seem, there are a few guys who actually de-tune their pcp guns for less power. I know, right?-- I had to look up the word 'de-tune' as it did not register with my brain, but I guess in some cases a few (otherwise sane) shooters may want to turn it down a bit for suburban backyard plinking and the like. Apparently there's a thing about getting more shots per fill, too-- for those not macho enough to tote their 9-liter scuba tank on every hunt. This is why we have backs, gents, to carry more air upon! Heck, just because one happens to have 150+ fpe on tap in their Impact, doesn't mean we can't turn it down if absolutely necessary-- that's what the Power Wheel is for!

Looks like Huma really missed the boat on this one . Who in their right mind would want to turn their mild mannered extremely tuneable FX Impact into a true hammer capable of .22LR power for close to 150$ .........................EVERYONE WHO HAS ONE .

Stunning as it may seem, there are a few guys who actually de-tune their pcp guns for less power. I know, right?-- I had to look up the word 'de-tune' as it did not register with my brain, but I guess in some cases a few (otherwise sane) shooters may want to turn it down a bit for suburban backyard plinking and the like. Apparently there's a thing about getting more shots per fill, too-- for those not macho enough to tote their 9-liter scuba tank on every hunt. This is why we have backs, gents, to carry more air upon! Heck, just because one happens to have 150+ fpe on tap in their Impact, doesn't mean we can't turn it down if absolutely necessary-- that's what the Power Wheel is for!

Pretty much. I didn't exactly install the plenum to shoot hades lol

When you do all the mods on a 700mm .22 Impact You can shoot 18gr pellets faster than most other airguns on just 80 bar. Imagine the shot count on that.

I was just doing a bit of chrony work , and after only replacing the c3 , replacing the probe with a pin type and making the transfer port oblong . I’m shooting the .22 monsters at 1020 fps on only 110 bar . It will also shoot the 28 grain cast BBT bullets at 970. Why do I need this plenum again ???.?.

I do detune the Impact for yard work . 60 FPE is a little much for starlings and blackbirds . Not to mention that being a Canadian doesn’t allow me to add any type of sound deadening devise . I have to shoot through an open window to lessen the noise . 

I just placed my order yesterday. I sure hope this doesn’t end up being one of those warning threads .

I got a Fedex shipping notification that mine will be delivered Wednesday. I'm a happy camper now.
1568056312_7772864285d76a3f827d4f0.85271464_guitar[1].gif
1568056349_19851458295d76a41d9eb258.88577514_rockout[1].gif

Im also waiting delivery ... its in Poland for week like yours ,,, hope will receive it within this week.

I received a very friendly reply yesterday from Michal. He has a HUGE amount of orders & work. He also told me to go to his facebook page instead of his website, coz it’s not up to date.

Orders placed now, will be ready @ the second half of October. He does a lot more than making plenums for an impact. So don’t start to worry yet.

Cheers.

After some erratic email communications I haven’t been able to formalize/confirm my order with Michal. My first contact was by August 24, still I didn’t get an answer till August 28. He was giving me a delivery time for the end of September but still no confirmation on my order. I haven’t been able to place an order yet. No payment no nothing. He got back to me last weekend but now he talks about mid of October for delivery. Again nothing about order confirmation. How did you place your orders? This is driving me crazy. Thank you for your help.

I received a very friendly reply yesterday from Michal. He has a HUGE amount of orders & work. He also told me to go to his facebook page instead of his website, coz it’s not up to date.

Orders placed now, will be ready @ the second half of October. He does a lot more than making plenums for an impact. So don’t start to worry yet.

Cheers.

After some erratic email communications I haven’t been able to formalize/confirm my order with Michal. My first contact was by August 24, still I didn’t get an answer till August 28. He was giving me a delivery time for the end of September but still no confirmation on my order. I haven’t been able to place an order yet. No payment no nothing. He got back to me last weekend but now he talks about mid of October for delivery. Again nothing about order confirmation. How did you place your orders? This is driving me crazy. Thank you for your help.

I think some of us got in early as the the first 10. Those went out fast, he's probably hammered with orders.

Cheers.

I think some of us got in early as the the first 10. Those went out fast, he's probably hammered with orders.

That’s correct. Some of you got lucky because they ordered straight away. He doesn’t do this for a living, so I guess you’ll have to be patient. Me, I didn’t order yet. I first wanna see some results from the ones who bought parts. We got a saying overhere: watching the cat out of the tree. And TBH, i would prefer an Ernest Rowe type plenum. Still on the lookout who can provide one. But that’s just me.....

Cheers.

I still don't understand why FX isn't making the larger plenum tube. It seems so logical, but maybe there's a manufacturing or business reason behind it. On one hand, I wish they'd pull out all the stops and make a high power version of the Impact, but on the other hand, it's nice of them to leave us all this low hanging fruit to make improvements ourselves. 

Rusty

Made my first Impact hammer weight on my new lathe:

What lathe did you buy? I just picked up a new Grizzly G0602 this morning after waiting more than two months on the slow boat from china. I also have a G0704 mill.

Just a small 7-12" Grizzly that someone sold me with a ton of extras. I'm moving soon and didn't want to setup anything but a small single phase right now.

I think my next project is going to be making an entirely new hammer. I've had these two extra caliper bushings for the BMW M3 that I sold off last year, paid like $54 at the stealership for each bushing and they're just collecting dust. I should be able to machine some nice custom hammers out of them..

1568147917_17852369875d7809cd6cfc81.41736551_99FE7DFD-E088-49BC-AD3C-8F16CDF659A8.jpeg
1568147918_13585922065d7809ce989057.40186056_934A3D10-4892-4A77-8ECB-F90BBA7B837F.jpeg

1568130324_12181846005d77c5143f48e4.88585870_plenum 1.jpg
1568130324_8166032025d77c514961c81.54014104_plenum 2.jpg
1568130324_1049766445d77c514e6cc17.67699598_plenum 3.jpg
1568130325_15155734005d77c5153fa628.60993860_plenum 4.jpg

Arrived today from Poland to Serbia, nice looking plenums, good powder coating, all assembled, ready to put in a rifle. Ok, it needs a little cleaning but that is no biggie.One for me and two for my friends here. BTW, only difference between old and mk2 is in the adapter for valve housing, it is interchangeable.

That midle one is mine .... thanks for ordering for all 3 of us bro. At the moment just landed at London so true power test will be on Staurday ... cant wait 💪

Heads up, Edosan has another auction going.

eBay item number:

With all respect, but do you even read this topic? Edosan told to NOT post links or anything to his ebay sales, because it’s against the forum rules. This amazing topic could be blocked because of that! 

@mrdirect : please read all the pages. This answer is given on page #9 by heavy-impact.

cheers.

Reactions: edosan