Fx Impact Fix & Mods for more FPS / FPE

1569565843_1418098295d8dac9304cc55.40307478_8984284A-1F41-4C8D-BA88-5D75DBA045FD.jpeg
Here is the same piece as a complete air tube.

I like this ready made extension, and anodized to match the Impact's as well! This cylinder assembly is rated for 220 bar. Because the regulated pressure of this area of the Impact is usually under 170 bar it should be good to go. 

Haha, yeah your going to have to shoot it sideways like the gangstas do. So much for bench shooting or you could also just plastic tie it to the factory air bottle, duh.

Jking

Nah, drill a hole in the bench!

Bb

Lol now someone gets it, already modified a bench to make it work. Shooting it upside down is working great too!

Did some higher reg pressure testing and got as high as 972 with a Eunjin 43.2 (.25 cal) 90.6fpe. What a beast, this is at 166 on the reg. I put an EDMU in the reg position and really liking it.

Nice! I have a .25 TJ barrel to setup after these .30's. I got 134FPE with 50.15gr, but didn't push it as far as I could, but I would definitely be happy with ~100FPE in .25 👍

Today's mods on the .30 caliber were shortening the return spring to get it back away from the valve seat, a new nylon C3 bumper, and beveling the barrel's breech a little less steep so the pellet isn't working so hard to get going down the barrel.

The mods were worth only a few extra FPS on the top end of the regulator @ 170 bar. However, it may be worth more consistent/efficient speeds at lower pressure because it doesn't have to work as hard to seat the pellet skirt. What's cool is I'm running the regulator around 150 bar and getting 960 FPS with pellets. Before it was running 170@980 and shot count was pretty low.

Here's the difference between a new probe and my gaping hole! I was going to change the thing out after testing my new mods, but decided to leave it in for now. People, don't go as wide on the hole, because the short slugs were dipping into the port with a half moon probe. (It works fine with the standard full circle probe pushing all around the skirt.)
1569707377_4283345955d8fd571f3c513.43743236_IMG_20190928_113032742~2.jpg
po

After some time of testing and trials, coments on this forum I believe that external plenum is quite a thing. Yes, you need to cut valve seat and do some work but the gain you get is paying off. 

I made 22cc, 45cc and 60cc external plenums and all worked well. Using aircraft aluminium with Mg Zn Cu and Pb this material hardnes is quite high and its used for extreame presure and demanding high stress aplications. Due hi quality materials I was able to go with 3.5mm wall thicknes and up to 6mm hole. Testing it for expending properties, volume tension and after usage deviations and all worked well. Im lucky to have a friend in aviation manufacturing industry that was able to perform some test for me on plenums. I do not know this technology but he also done X ray plenum for micro cracks.

I wanted to make it safe, getting best material proper machining and most important thinking of safety. Going with rounded corners inside the plenum and due my safe mind ... tested 24h under 330bar (highest I can make). Also using it, take off from gun many times and so on. 

Regarding safety of external plenum ... dont know what more can be done and I believe is safe as any other part of gun that is under pressure. 

In my practice I have seen les powerful materials used in hi pressure aplications with no issue. I believe that there is a lot of external plenums around the world and as far as I know no report of issue with it even made no so profesional way.

Edosan's power kit is still in the mail, but I found a guy in the UK who makes valve seats as well. Today I put in a 6.2mm valve instead of the original (5.6mm I think), and only this valve already gave me 80 fps more ! I was shooting 44.75 grain .30 JSB at 860 fps, and by only changing the valve, it went up to 942 fps. I am so exited. Tomorrow I go to the range and start tuning and testing. Also, I am not maxed out on the power wheel, I am at nr 5. I think it is just incredible by only changing such a small part, I gained 80 fps. 

Milled 2mm out of my .30 Sideshot magazine to fit the 66gn NSA FBHP 10.95mm long so the mag is 11mm deep now.

1.18mm is left in the back wall. Even though you see machining marks you can't feel them. I used a rotary table on the mill.

1569833813_20548982175d91c355cc4a61.78169877_Milled SS -.jpg

Looks good heavy, I think you've hit on a weakness of the current FX designs-- shallow magazines. And only the genuine Sideshots are aluminum, not the somewhat cheesy plastic edition. It looks like JSAR Raptors are getting this right with deep mags for slug shooters.

Hi Guys, I was out hunting, so I just read this today...

@ deleted mmm your anger is misdirected IMO Matt Dubber is in the FX payroll ... part of the team

@heavy what make me think ER are safe? time in market and his knowledge, just that, I know there are plenums with over a year on the market and none has had problems, that does not mean that others can not build safe plenums of course. Regarding the mag, in the latest high capacity mag the 66gn NSA fits ok, no need to mod anything (in my case) Fx had a few bad 0.30 cal mags in prior batches tho (got one but they replaced and fixed my problem really soon after I told them), maybe you have one of those?

@mtnghost 62gn VK are great, but do not fit in my mag (those are a bit longer (like 1mm) than nsa.

@all, check this out ;) https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/200-pounds-wild-boar-vs-fx-impact/

Hi Guys, I was out hunting, so I just read this today...

@ deleted mmm your anger is misdirected IMO Matt Dubber is in the FX payroll ... part of the team

@heavy what make me think ER are safe? time in market and his knowledge, just that, I know there are plenums with over a year on the market and none has had problems, that does not mean that others can not build safe plenums of course. Regarding the mag, in the latest high capacity mag the 66gn NSA fits ok, no need to mod anything (in my case) Fx had a few bad 0.30 cal mags in prior batches tho (got one but they replaced and fixed my problem really soon after I told them), maybe you have one of those?

@mtnghost 62gn VK are great, but do not fit in my mag (those are a bit longer (like 1mm) than nsa.

@all, check this out ;) https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/200-pounds-wild-boar-vs-fx-impact/

I said safer not safe, this has a totally different meaning. I respect Mr Rowe's work and his contribution to the community.

My magazine is one of the first Sideshot brand magazines. FX makes them from plastic but they fit longer slugs without modification.

Congratulations on the pig hunt. I would have thought Chile has lots of wild game so I was surprised you had to travel. Wild pigs do lots of damage to crops as well as eating eggs and other young animals. They even eat deer fawns in my area. The fawn's defense from predators is to lay still but the pigs can smell them from a long distance and go eat them.

Did the bullet exit the pig's head? I worry the hollow points won't penetrate deep enough if I happen to hit more solid bone.