Fx Impact Fix & Mods for more FPS / FPE

It appears that the trend of interest in shooting slugs will continue to drive the desire for increased power upwards on airguns. I think it will also bring our hobby into gov't regulation (USA) at some point in the not-too-distant future. Diabolo pellets had a "self-limiting" factor of reaching instability in the transonic region which slugs do not have, and that made our typical airguns shooting sub-950 fps just fine. I've been looking closely at why I really "need" more than 80 or 100 fpe in an airgun, and given the brushy countryside here and relatively short typical shooting distances (<100 yards), I probably don't!

That said, it seems like it would have been relatively easy for FX to add 25-35cc to the Impact plenum tube instead of only 5cc with the Mark II version. Hopefully, the 35 cal will see some added plenum volume and it would further be cool if that could be retrofitted to previous versions, but I'm not holding my breath!

It appears that the trend of interest in shooting slugs will continue to drive the desire for increased power upwards on airguns. I think it will also bring our hobby into gov't regulation (USA) at some point in the not-too-distant future. Diabolo pellets had a "self-limiting" factor of reaching instability in the transonic region which slugs do not have, and that made our typical airguns shooting sub-950 fps just fine. I've been looking closely at why I really "need" more than 80 or 100 fpe in an airgun, and given the brushy countryside here and relatively short typical shooting distances (<100 yards), I probably don't!

That said, it seems like it would have been relatively easy for FX to add 25-35cc to the Impact plenum tube instead of only 5cc with the Mark II version. Hopefully, the 35 cal will see some added plenum volume and it would further be cool if that could be retrofitted to previous versions, but I'm not holding my breath!

I^^^ i agree with this^^^

in the uk, we have strict rules about expanding bullets over .223 . I wonder who will be the first to fall foul of the law mistakingly thinking airguns are exempted.

Bb

Maybe FX has been stalling on purpose. Protecting us from our selves.

I must admit now that I've switched over to slugs it feels way more like a powder burner. I just shot a beer can at 300 yards last night.
1569439145_15200233505d8bbda95194f8.91410360_20190924_191915.jpg

I made my own external plenum, hamer , valve seat, c3 ... and I made for some number of people to, but doing this has to have some rules and safety first.

It has to be measure test, presure test fiting test, leak test ...

I wanted Michal plenum, seams in that time good thing to have. I was thinking it will maybe have some issue but I ignore my skilful sence and get it.

Michal pay back the money ... no issue with that.

Since I had external and internal plenums ... I do know for sure that external plenum is somehow better to use ... cant explain but have much beter feeling with it cnowing its safe and properly made.

Gain from Michals plenum was not biger than I had with external 45cc ... 

Aš sukūriau savo išorinį plenerą, plaktuką, vožtuvo lizdą, c3 ... ir sukūriau tam tikrą skaičių žmonių, tačiau tai darydamas pirmiausia turiu laikytis tam tikrų taisyklių ir saugos.

Tai turi būti matavimo bandymas, slėgio tikrinimo bandymas, sandarumo bandymas ...

Norėjau Michalo plenero, siūlių tuo metu, ką turėti. Aš galvojau, kad tai gali turėti tam tikrą problemą, bet aš ignoruoju savo sumanų pojūtį ir jį suprantu.

Michalas grąžina pinigus ... nieko tokio.

Kadangi turėjau išorinius ir vidinius plenerus ... Aš tikrai žinau, kad išorinius plenerus kažkaip geriau naudoti ... Neįmanoma paaiškinti, bet turiu daug geresnių jausmų žinodamas, kad jis yra saugus ir tinkamai pagamintas.

Pelnas iš Michals plenero nebuvo didesnis, nei aš turėjau su išorine 45cc ...

Arba naudodami išorinį plenerą, turite didesnį sriegio angą galiniame bloke? 

jūs naudojate originalų siūlą? Does your external plein-air have the same thread as wika?

@heavy_impact

you are just repeating what I said! Just 1 different story, and that’s the reason WHY he stopped selling them. I agree he got the order from frederik to stop producing them, because it would stop people from buying their new guns, why buy a gun @ +$2000, if you can upgrade your old gun for a few 100 $? And in 1 reply you give me 2 opinions about ER’s kit. First you say : what makes you think they were safer, and a bit later you say they were safe???

And why should i keep my mouth shut, and stop warning people that the junk “Michal” is making is dangerous?

you of all should know that this part is next to your face. And it’s naive to think that every pcp gun owner knows what a dangerous thing those things can be! Everyone can buy a lathe. But it has been proven in this topic that not everyone knows how to operate it! I asked for parts in the private section, and got offered something that looked more like an ashtray! And I’m 100% sure, that you yourself, wouldn’t have an external plenum if it didn’t came from ER himself. Good for you. But stop saying he’s mister nice guy who treats everyone equal! 

Enough said. I sure hope that no accidents will happen, with parts that pull out threads and bending rails while mounting them. Yep, their own responsibility 👍

Odin Warrior/deleted account

you are just repeating what I said! Just 1 different story, and that’s the reason WHY he stopped selling them. I agree he got the order from frederik to stop producing them, because it would stop people from buying their new guns, why buy a gun @ +$2000, if you can upgrade your old gun for a few 100 $? And in 1 reply you give me 2 opinions about ER’s kit. First you say : what makes you think they were safer, and a bit later you say they were safe???

And why should i keep my mouth shut, and stop warning people that the junk “Michal” is making is dangerous?

you of all should know that this part is next to your face. And it’s naive to think that every pcp gun owner knows what a dangerous thing those things can be! Everyone can buy a lathe. But it has been proven in this topic that not everyone knows how to operate it! I asked for parts in the private section, and got offered something that looked more like an ashtray! And I’m 100% sure, that you yourself, wouldn’t have an external plenum if it didn’t came from ER himself. Good for you. But stop saying he’s mister nice guy who treats everyone equal! 

Enough said. I sure hope that no accidents will happen, with parts that pull out threads and bending rails while mounting them. Yep, their own responsibility 👍

1. I don't think your reason is why they stopped selling power parts.
  2. I didn't give 2 opinions, I think ER's parts are safe enough but not any safer than some others who are producing them.
  3. I did not tell you to keep your mouth shut.
  4. I have an external plenum that did not come from ER... it came from yong heng and I plan to make a larger one on my lathe.
  5. I never said ER is mister nice guy who treats everyone equal. I've been far more outspoken about the business practices of FX USA than you were.
  6. There was no reason for you to pitch a hissy and delete your account. We're just sharing info and ideas here, not anger.
    [/LIST=1]

I went back in a few days after and added a hammer weight, much easier second time lining everything up.

Why did you remove the air tube if you were just installing a hammer weight ?

I'm not sure lol, but I did.

1f602.svg

After some more thought don't you pull the tube with the rear block attached out with the valve rod in it to add a hammerweight? That's what i did.

And need to line up the plenum again on reassembly. Not sure how you can add a hammerweight to the valve rod without removing it.

After some more thought don't you pull the tube with the rear block attached out with the valve rod in it to add a hammerweight? That's what i did.

And need to line up the plenum again on reassembly. Not sure how you can add a hammerweight to the valve rod without removing it.

Remove the barrel and valve stop, remove the top picatinny rail and cheek rest, remove the hammer seat and loosen the B14 guiding plate screws just enough to let the hammer pin clear the hammer falling out. You can remove the guiding plate if it's easier for you.

Remove the barrel and valve stop, remove the top picatinny rail and cheek rest, remove the hammer seat and loosen the B14 guiding plate screws just enough to let the hammer pin clear the hammer falling out. You can remove the guiding rail if it's easier for you.

Meh, either way.