Fx Impact Fix & Mods for more FPS / FPE

Please don't quote the pictures in replies. Deleting them from the quote keeps threads cleaner and easier to find information.

It's not easy for iPhone Safari users. There are a lot of compatibility bugs with the forum WYSIWG editor, so i can understand why many can't delete photos easily or unquote quoted text. 

Guys what should be the weight of the hammer if we are using the reg at 150 bars or more

And how much additional fps can we gain with a heavy hammer with jsb redesigned. Any one checked the difference with a stock and heavy hammer? Cheers

Adding 4 grams is a good up to about 160 bar but you should not need that much pressure for the redesigned. 130 bar should get you to 980 fps from a 700mm barrel with good porting.

Guys what should be the weight of the hammer if we are using the reg at 150 bars or more

And how much additional fps can we gain with a heavy hammer with jsb redesigned. Any one checked the difference with a stock and heavy hammer? Cheers

Adding 4 grams is a good up to about 160 bar but you should not need that much pressure for the redesigned. 130 bar should get you to 980 fps from a 700mm barrel with good porting.

Mine is shooting around 955fps at 140bars. Just curious to know the max velocity i can achieve with it. I can shoot at 1000fps with redesign at 160 bars with a 600mm barrel with some mods including porting and a c3 delrin. 

Actually i am planninh to shoot 34 grain slugs. Got some mp mold slugs which i need to test with a slug liner. 

Are those that now have the large integrated plenum happy with the quality of the product? Alignment? Does it bind the barrel? 

Thanks Michael

I don't have one but I read about one person that was unable to remove his barrel with the plenum installed and another that said it hit the barrel when the gun was pressurized. One of them was able to remove the plenum and reinstall it to take care of the problem I have not heard if the other was able to resolve his problem.

theyre all. not maded with same tolerancy - some are good some are bad.

Guys just wanna tell you if you want to tune impact harder its good to start from changing the manometers to wika. My impact mk2 was off comparing to wika by at least 15b! Wika shows now 120b instead of 136b(reg).

I agree. The problem in my case was more of the dials being installed incorrectly. While my reg side seemed ok, my bottle-side manometer's dial is misaligned and has a fingerprint smudge on the right side of it. It sits exactly +15 bar with no pressure behind it.

1569359245_11591692005d8a858df04707.67073764_F69F451F-B612-4668-917C-EE76CCF5C484.jpeg

Even though these are just FX branded WIKAs, I put two new ones on, which are calibrated perfectly. 

Are those that now have the large integrated plenum happy with the quality of the product? Alignment? Does it bind the barrel? 

Thanks Michael

Ive had one and installed for a few weeks now i think. Very happy with it, the threads are very nice. They were a bit dirty but cut well, the outer diameter could have a nicer finish machining-wise. But all in all very happy with it.

No binding here and have a good 1/16th of clearance everywhere when aired up. (Doesn't appear to "inflate")

Install was a bit tricky to get everything lined up right. I went back in a few days after and added a hammer weight, much easier second time lining everything up. Before i aired it up i put the barrel in to ensure i had clearance, and after aired up still had that gap.

1569365509_18700233825d8a9e05445392.85090029_20190912_183216.jpg

Reactions: AirSupply
I have that plenum from Michal as well and 2 of them, for me and my brother.

1st one I manged to instal, clearnce was not so good but wanted to test. After 1h, smal oring inside plenum just leaked. I fix that and took me hours to set it again and Im quite good in mechanics. After 3min outer 9x1.5 O ring leakage. Star over again, fix it and after 10min same oring goes off. Also gap was to small no meter how I rotate plenum, one way is close to rear block then rotate litle to oposit side its touch the barrel on front main body block. Then I decide to check second one.

2nd one I put in, set center, put pressure and sudenly I see my main rail is like banana. Fast I stop the air, remove manometer and check whats going on.

The metal insert that screws on valve housing didnt screw all the way since thread was not long enough to set it all the way so 1.5mm gap was observed between valve housing and plenum metal ring. That gap almoust broke my gun on half.

I was not ready to give up, I extend thread and fix this issue but on secong instalation rail band down.

So, after all of this issues I tried to see whats wrong.

I belive that hole made to set metal ring and metal ring are not aligned properly and this cose that in this conection due pressure peralelity was not mainteined and plenum goes one side losing aligment.

Due all this trouble, I end up with banded main rail and 3 screws threads destroyed in cheak plates at the end of rail. No threads ware damaged at rear block since those are longer than back one.

I made contact with Michal and he replayed that he also had other peiple with Issue and he will refund my money. He also mentioned that he is solving this problem but I give up ... I lost 4 days trying to make it work.

Im qite happy with my external plenum thats a nice and safe to use. 

I managed to flaten main rail but still need to purchase new rear pletes where thread is bad.

I understand that we all do to make something good and share with the world but cant go this way. It needs time and tests and again time to meke it work, safe and then when you are 1000% sure you should start sale and we all get benefit of it.

Just want to say at the end ... good idea but didnt do all the way ti make it real.

I have that plenum from Michal as well and 2 of them, for me and my brother.

1st one I manged to instal, clearnce was not so good but wanted to test. After 1h, smal oring inside plenum just leaked. I fix that and took me hours to set it again and Im quite good in mechanics. After 3min outer 9x1.5 O ring leakage. Star over again, fix it and after 10min same oring goes off. Also gap was to small no meter how I rotate plenum, one way is close to rear block then rotate litle to oposit side its touch the barrel on front main body block. Then I decide to check second one.

2nd one I put in, set center, put pressure and sudenly I see my main rail is like banana. Fast I stop the air, remove manometer and check whats going on.

The metal insert that screws on valve housing didnt screw all the way since thread was not long enough to set it all the way so 1.5mm gap was observed between valve housing and plenum metal ring. That gap almoust broke my gun on half.

I was not ready to give up, I extend thread and fix this issue but on secong instalation rail band down.

So, after all of this issues I tried to see whats wrong.

I belive that hole made to set metal ring and metal ring are not aligned properly and this cose that in this conection due pressure peralelity was not mainteined and plenum goes one side losing aligment.

Due all this trouble, I end up with banded main rail and 3 screws threads destroyed in cheak plates at the end of rail. No threads ware damaged at rear block since those are longer than back one.

I made contact with Michal and he replayed that he also had other peiple with Issue and he will refund my money. He also mentioned that he is solving this problem but I give up ... I lost 4 days trying to make it work.

Im qite happy with my external plenum thats a nice and safe to use. 

I managed to flaten main rail but still need to purchase new rear pletes where thread is bad.

I understand that we all do to make something good and share with the world but cant go this way. It needs time and tests and again time to meke it work, safe and then when you are 1000% sure you should start sale and we all get benefit of it.

Just want to say at the end ... good idea but didnt do all the way ti make it real.

Quite a scary story. I think you were far to patient maybe because you’re good into mechanics and have resources. I my case I would have sent them back right immediately if those don’t work flawlessly on the first attempt. This is a high pressure device and we shouldn’t mess with it. It might be a safety issue. Again, quite a scary story. I ordered two plenums by the end of August, still waiting for them. I just hope Michal is listening to all of us and taking action to get all these issues sorted out.

Hearing all this, i wpuld never risk it to put that plenum on my gun! For starters: SERIOUS safety issues here. This is the second impact mk2 with threads pulled out, or bending parts. The external plenum is the way to go, but only the few got the original ones from ER. The pricey impact should shoot these velocities from factory in the first place. But they don’t, and their top engineer developed a high power kit for a small, well known group of people who know him personally. And FX didn’t stop selling them because of safety issues, but it would stop people from buying their next impact mk3! E. Rowe is a wizard with airguns. But he doesn’t share his knowledge with the “common” airgunner. Me, personally tried to get in touch with him for more than a year now! Mail, phone, instagram, youtube... you name it. I still did not get one word from him. About 2 months ago, i wrote him an email, offering him $1000 for his impact mk2 HP kit. No use. Honestly? I would frefer a “fu** o**” answer. Because that is what it comes down to. And yep, i know, people that have his parts speak about him like he’s a “friendly, down to eart guy”. Believe me, I received pm’s here, who did meet him, and told me a whole different story.

Same story with the FX Crown. Got one here that I don’t mind blowing up, but “only the few” got to get his parts, and the rest can P.O! And than people are starting to build their own(sometimes dangerous) stuff.

About 3 weeks ago i posted a WTB external plenum overhere. I was contacted by a person who claims that he build the External plenum that E.Rowe HIMSELF used on RMAC! I asked pictures, and it didn’t look one bit like the ones he used & gave to his buddies. So not even that is safe. 

Told before, i would like to get more punch from my farting .25 Crown. I already received a pm from someone who says he can make me one, but if i look at his posts & questions here........ Needles to say more

This is just my opinion about FX high power parts, only build for the few, and some people taking risks by buying badly made parts, because they get ignored by the FX bunch. 

PS: this opinion is NOT intended to offend ANY person at all! And STILL looking to pump my crown a bit up, but on a safe & proven way.

Cheers

I told you guys, please be careful with new and untested plenums. If you make your own be on the safe side.

As for general info. Fx do not support any modifications to your gun. 

Ernest Rowe had a lot of time to share before fx, after fx real busy. Is understandable. He can not sell any mod for fx. 

There are plenty companies in USA that can make power mods, like for example spaw 

0.35 impact will have for sure all the power mods direct from Fx.

Ernest Rowe had a lot of time to share before fx, after fx real busy. Is understandable. He can not sell any mod for fx. 

OK, but he only replies to well known people. His instagram is proof of that. If f.e. Matt Dubber asks something, he gets an answer within an hour. To common people he just does NOT respond(just look @Youtube & instagram.

There are plenty companies in USA that can make power mods, like for example spaw 

0.35 impact will have for sure all the power mods direct from Fx.

yep, but it will be the same BS all over again. You can maybe have one at the end of this year, or beginning of 2020, and Europeans will get theirs around 2021. 

I might be nagging, but these are siimply the facts @FX “even distribution ”.

Hearing all this, i wpuld never risk it to put that plenum on my gun! For starters: SERIOUS safety issues here. This is the second impact mk2 with threads pulled out, or bending parts. The external plenum is the way to go, but only the few got the original ones from ER. The pricey impact should shoot these velocities from factory in the first place. But they don’t, and their top engineer developed a high power kit for a small, well known group of people who know him personally. And FX didn’t stop selling them because of safety issues, but it would stop people from buying their next impact mk3! E. Rowe is a wizard with airguns. But he doesn’t share his knowledge with the “common” airgunner. Me, personally tried to get in touch with him for more than a year now! Mail, phone, instagram, youtube... you name it. I still did not get one word from him. About 2 months ago, i wrote him an email, offering him $1000 for his impact mk2 HP kit. No use. Honestly? I would frefer a “fu** o**” answer. Because that is what it comes down to. And yep, i know, people that have his parts speak about him like he’s a “friendly, down to eart guy”. Believe me, I received pm’s here, who did meet him, and told me a whole different story.

Same story with the FX Crown. Got one here that I don’t mind blowing up, but “only the few” got to get his parts, and the rest can P.O! And than people are starting to build their own(sometimes dangerous) stuff.

About 3 weeks ago i posted a WTB external plenum overhere. I was contacted by a person who claims that he build the External plenum that E.Rowe HIMSELF used on RMAC! I asked pictures, and it didn’t look one bit like the ones he used & gave to his buddies. So not even that is safe. 

Told before, i would like to get more punch from my farting .25 Crown. I already received a pm from someone who says he can make me one, but if i look at his posts & questions here........ Needles to say more

This is just my opinion about FX high power parts, only build for the few, and some people taking risks by buying badly made parts, because they get ignored by the FX bunch. 

PS: this opinion is NOT intended to offend ANY person at all! And STILL looking to pump my crown a bit up, but on a safe & proven way.

Cheers

What makes you think Ernest Rowe's parts are any safer, he's not an engineer? The owner of FX ordered him to stop selling those parts for liability reasons. I think his parts were plenty safe and others can make the parts same as Mr Rowe. Anyone who wants to use aftermarket parts should have enough knowledge to determine a part's suitability for the intended use and take all the responsibility for using it.

Cheers

What makes you think Ernest Rowe's parts are any safer, he's not an engineer? The owner of FX ordered him to stop selling those parts for liability reasons. I think his parts were plenty safe and others can make the parts same as Mr Rowe. Anyone who wants to use aftermarket parts should have enough knowledge to determine a part's suitability for the intended use and take all the responsibility for using it.

👍