Fx Impact Fix & Mods for more FPS / FPE

new

1568562792_19749411805d7e5e686038f7.11791591_20190915_185109.jpg

Nicely done, does it seal with an o ring in the barrel or a metal to metal compression fit as in the RAW.

imo, the pin type pellet probe is a better design for a couple of reasons, no orientation issues to contend with, less material interfering with air flow and loads easier to make

Nicely done, does it seal with an o ring in the barrel or a metal to metal compression fit as in the RAW.

imo, the pin type pellet probe is a better design for a couple of reasons, no orientation issues to contend with, less material interfering with air flow and loads easier to make

This may work for flat base slugs but it can't seat a regular diabolo pellet to the same depth. I don't think the port side half round probe can be beat for all around use and maximum air flow, in an Impact anyway. The pin type will also hang up your magazine follower if not cycled fast enough.

This may work for flat base slugs but it can't seat a regular diabolo pellet to the same depth. I don't think the port side half round probe can be beat for all around use and maximum air flow, in an Impact anyway. The pin type will also hang up your magazine follower if not cycled fast enough.

Yes it is designed for more slug.

You are wrong about the magazine, everything works very well!

It is like the original probe, only with a pin.

It cant be impossible to make a two part pin probe ( like the rapid/raw) where the pin only extends as the probe seats. Zero chance of the mag hanging, zero chance of skirt damage as the probe pushes the pellet.

When ( if ever) my impact that I ordered in back in March arrives, a pin probe modification is one of the fist jobs on my list.

bb

@vadimas that design is discussed in several pages back, pros and cons.

Looking at your original pellet mod, IMO is made incorrect. If you do not remove the o in the front of the PP, there is your restrictor (and explain your 33 fps increase with the pin probe). That is why I use half moon shape (youtube for video), easy to do and efficient + will left the pellet / slug always in the same place. I did that pin design (same as marauder) for testing and no difference, the pin design works tho!, but has a problem with pellets + you need a lathe to make it, instead of just make a small mod on the original one to achieve the same. (doing it right)

Elongating the port on the PP without removing the o , will not give you much increase. You should expect about 50fps +- just making the brass and pp mode right. (0.22 cal with redesigned 25.4gn pellet)

Remember, porting is all about removing restrictors, and the Chrony is the only real witness of it. ;)

Anyway is great to see how ideas born in the thread are becoming real! :D

yep, a Sub 12ftlb.

No .25 FAC not sub12

well, consider yourself VERY lucky! One of the few..... +300 orders and counting in my country! I still HATE the reply I received from FX Sweden! “NO country gets to cut in line”.......
1f92e.svg
1f621.svg

So, your a licensed shooter. 

Not a miracle!

I ordered in Sweden and waited 2 months.

Not a miracle!

I ordered in Sweden and waited 2 months.

So there’s already a difference, because if we(and lots of European countrys) try to order something straight from Sweden, we ALWAYS get the same answer: “Please contact the local FX Airguns importer/dealer. We do not sell parts to individuals “. 

Still got 6-7 maills like that.(2018-2019) Replier : Johan Axelsson from FX Sweden. And no excuses, coz we got no limitation what so ever if it comes down to air driven weapons.

@first, I couldn’t believe what US airgunners wrote here! Ordering straight @ FX USA! Sounds like a dream! 

2bad JSAR isn’t allowed yet to export his guns, coz i would kick all FX-yuppie “things” out!