FX Impact Dust and Sand Proofing

Hi Airgun Nation

I hope you all are enjoying the holidays with family.

I want to share an issue with a wonderful gun and hear your opinions.

I live in mideast and as you may know, it is a beautiful desert.

The issue is unlike any other air gun with a conventional stock where all the internal parts are nicely enclosed and protected from dust and sand, the impact is designed on almost all moving parts are exposed and subject for sand to be trapped in between moving parts. The cocking lever is one example where I had sand trapped between the body of the gun and the connection rod and could hear the grinding of the sand and metal.

Is there a good way to protect the moving parts from the sand (especially the reloading block and rod) with the gun still locking nice?

Here's a photo of the impact natural habitat :)

Mohanned. First that is a really nice pic. Beautiful gun and background. Second. Where did you get that buttstock cheek rest? Third. What do you you hunt there?
On the subject of keeping sand out. Maybe you could get some tan canvass, shape it and sew around the edges to stiffen it up. Then zip tie or velcro it to your picattany rail under your scope so it hangs over your breach and trigger area. This will stop any blowing sand and will give you easy access for your hand. Do it on both sides. Just an idea. Good luck.

"crittahitta"Mohanned. First that is a really nice pic. Beautiful gun and background. Second. Where did you get that buttstock cheek rest? Third. What do you you hunt there?
On the subject of keeping sand out. Maybe you could get some tan canvass, shape it and sew around the edges to stiffen it up. Then zip tie or velcro it to your picattany rail under your scope so it hangs over your breach and trigger area. This will stop any blowing sand and will give you easy access for your hand. Do it on both sides. Just an idea. Good luck.

Glad you liked it.
I got the cheek rest from amazon 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EJOKC1K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I I usually hunt doves and Quail 
I plan to hunt other animals like Dassies very soon.

The tan canvass idea is practical , thanks for the idea. But don't you think it will cover the beauty of a silver impact :)
I will try to apply it very soon and post photos of it.

John, 
I agree that silicon would seal the exposed area but i can't think of a way of doing so with the airgun still looks good.

"Skip-in-WV"Perhaps 1/4 or 1/2 inch strips or camo duct tape (or any duct tape) long ways over the gaps. I put some over the area where the stock and breech meet in my Airwolf to keep out water. Maybe some felt attached somehow to act as a flexible cover over the cocking lever gap. Good luck.

Thanks for the idea.
I think i found tape in amazon that might work and still look good.

Will put some photo when i try it and it works.

Thank you guys for brain storming with me.