FX Impact Disassembly Help

I will give this a try when I get home tonight. It would make sense though that it could be those B23 and B24 o-rings since that would be something that I could have accidentally damage when disassembling and it would be in that area. Thank you for giving me numbers off that part diagram. That helps me see where exactly you and Ernest were talking about. 

I finally found some time to mess around with seeing if I could fix this gun again. The leak that appeared after disassembling the gun came from the brass adapter shown in the photo below. I just had to unscrew that and sure enough the o-ring was cracked and looked quite smushed. 

Back to the original problem with the air leak when I fire the gun. I replaced the o-rings on the outside of the barrel as well as the breech o-ring. I also went ahead and re-replaced the valve stem o-ring and I'm still having the problem. I don't know where else the leak could be originating from.

3a45c2a8e258359f9d4136ee48bdfc65.jpg

That is frustrating for you Mark. I can’t think where else air could leak. I did see where Ernest had to put a tiny wrap of Teflon under the oring on one gun because the standard oring wouldn’t seal. That’s on the oring on the valve stem. 
The only other spot could be the back oring on the valve housing. I don’t have the parts list with me but the valve housing has 4 orings on it and I’m thinking if the back one went you would feel it.
The leak is obviously after the valve so that’s all the orings past that point. 
You’ve got valve housing orings 
valve stem oring. 
breach oring 
barrel orings
Thats all I think. 

I actually did forget to mention that I already replaced the 3 o-rings on B29 that are together. I didn't replace the B29 that's on the other side so maybe I'll go and see if that is the problem one. I might try giving a wrap of teflon around the valve stem to see if that fixes anything. I will be a little nervous on trying to get the o-ring off without causing any damage to it as I don't have any more. Maybe I should pick up some of those.

I tried putting teflon tape under the valve stem o-ring just now and I am still having the issue. I tried putting teflon tape under the 2 o-rings on the rear most valve housing o-rings. I also putt teflon tape under the o-rings on the outside of the barrel to see if that was causing the issue. I even put in another new breech o-ring. My only thought at this point is that I need a larger breech seal o-ring. When I install the o-ring it appears as though it is still flush with the barrel. Since that o-ring is 1.5x6 if I measured correctly I'm wondering if I would get a 1.75x5.5 or 2x5 and see if either of those would solve the problem. 

When I had my .177 barrel I never experienced this issue, but I'm not sure if it is because there was much less air due to it being a smaller caliber or if it is telling me now that the barrel is the problem. I don't have access to anyone else around me with an impact to try and see if I experience this same issue with another barrel as that would definitely rule out whether the issue is the barrel or the gun.

I think at this point you need some soapy water and a paintbrush, you need to isolate the leak otherwise we are all just “shooting” in the dark...

I am not suggesting you do this!! But, and this is a huge but!!! I have on occasion and when I know that I am going to strip the gun to individual parts again, submerged cylinders and breeches, this was before I got my head examined and the doctor prescribed soapy water and paint brush.

if you don’t have service options then one needs to be methodical instead of opportunistic when diagnosing issues, there are just too many joints on the impact to speculate.

"riazp"I think at this point you need some soapy water and a paintbrush, you need to isolate the leak otherwise we are all just “shooting” in the dark...

I am not suggesting you do this!! But, and this is a huge but!!! I have on occasion and when I know that I am going to strip the gun to individual parts again, submerged cylinders and breeches, this was before I got my head examined and the doctor prescribed soapy water and paint brush.

if you don’t have service options then one needs to be methodical instead of opportunistic when diagnosing issues, there are just too many joints on the impact to speculate.
I think you are right about this. I have done the soapy water on other parts of the gun, like finding that that brass screw was causing a leak. I was thinking that since it only appears when firing it might be more difficult to isolate the issue, but like you said without doing so I'm shooting into the dark as much as you all are with speculation. I don't know if I'll soak parts in water since I would then need to fire it in the water for it to tell me anything useful.