• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact (disappointed)

Hi folks,

Months ago a friend of mine bought a fx Impact from usa in a 25 caliber.
After less than 1000 shots the regulator stops working properly and have a massive leak, I open it because in our country is very complicate import and send out of the country any kind of guns and I found there is a very sharp edge in the copper piece of the regulator that cuts the inside face of the o ring, I polish the copper piece the best I can without change measurements and now is fine and regulate properly.

The other problem we found is that for each full magazine 3 or 4 shots are flyers, so I remove the barrel from the gun and Inspect it, after found no visible problems inside the barrell I decide to push some pellets with the cleaning rod true the barrell to found that the transfer port cuts the skirts of some of the pellets causing the flyers. 

This gun in our country in South America including taxes cost almost 4000 us dollars and of course we don't expect this kind of results in a brand new and such expensive pcp.

This is the edge that cuts the regulator o ring.

And this is the damage of the pellets skirts. (now fixed)

Regards,
Gladiador.

My friend where do you leave.? I also have a impact. At the beginning it gave me headaches but. I already solved them and I'm happy now lol try to polish the transfer port, you should call the store where you bought it and talk to them maybe they can send you a new regulator.. I bought mine from Airguns of Arizona, I pay to ship it to them and then they pay when it's shipped back to me..

I do not have an Impact. I bought the Bobcat Mk2 .25 instead. However, I was thinking of getting an Impact down the road, so I always keep my eye open for any kind of feedback. That said, good job on fixing the problems yourself. Very smart to push a pellet through the barrel to see how it comes out the other end! Even though my gun shoots great, I am curious to see how my pellets are coming out the other end.

Thanks again for sharing...

Kmd

kmd1984I do not have an Impact. I bought the Bobcat Mk2 .25 instead. However, I was thinking of getting an Impact down the road, so I always keep my eye open for any kind of feedback. That said, good job on fixing the problems yourself. Very smart to push a pellet through the barrel to see how it comes out the other end! Even though my gun shoots great, I am curious to see how my pellets are coming out the other end.

Kmd
A recomendation, if you wanna see how the pellets are exiting your barrel, use the lower power and shoot water (the lower power will not riun the pellet at impact). In that way you can do it without removing the barrel at all and see the behavior at more speed. Cheers and sorry for the off topic ;)

"Eddy1840"My friend where do you leave.? I also have a impact. At the beginning it gave me headaches but. I already solved them and I'm happy now lol try to polish the transfer port, you should call the store where you bought it and talk to them maybe they can send you a new regulator. I bought mine from Airguns of Arizona, I pay to ship it to them and then they pay when it's shipped back to me..
Hello Eddy,

We are from Peru South America.
Yes I polish the barrel transfer port and there is no more damage in the pellets and no more flyers as well.
My friend buy it from AOA too but in our country to import or send guns out of the country even if they are only airguns need a lot of papers and permission, so I try and decide to resolve the issues by myself.

Regards,
Gladiador.

"Michael"Holy heck, I've never seen a pellet skirt like that! Are you referring to the end of transfer port probe? The part that actually pushes the pellet into the barrel?
Hello Michael,

Me to my friend lots of pcp pass true my hands and is the first time I see a damage in the pellet like that.
The probe that pushes the pellets is ok the problem was in the copper transfer port in the barrel, I polish it with a 1200 sandpaper and now TG there is no more damage in the pellets and no more flyers.

Regards,
Gladiador.

"Menttaliist"
"kmd1984"I do not have an Impact. I bought the Bobcat Mk2 .25 instead. However, I was thinking of getting an Impact down the road, so I always keep my eye open for any kind of feedback. That said, good job on fixing the problems yourself. Very smart to push a pellet through the barrel to see how it comes out the other end! Even though my gun shoots great, I am curious to see how my pellets are coming out the other end.

Kmd
A recomendation, if you wanna see how the pellets are exiting your barrel, use the lower power and shoot water (the lower power will not riun the pellet at impact). In that way you can do it without removing the barrel at all and see the behavior at more speed. Cheers and sorry for the off topic ;)

Hello.

Years ago I use to do that too :).

Regards,
Gladiador.

"Gladiador"
"Menttaliist"
"kmd1984"I do not have an Impact. I bought the Bobcat Mk2 .25 instead. However, I was thinking of getting an Impact down the road, so I always keep my eye open for any kind of feedback. That said, good job on fixing the problems yourself. Very smart to push a pellet through the barrel to see how it comes out the other end! Even though my gun shoots great, I am curious to see how my pellets are coming out the other end.

Kmd

Hello.

Regards,
Gladiador.

So are you satisfied now ?

Gladiador
"Michael"Holy heck, I've never seen a pellet skirt like that! Are you referring to the end of transfer port probe? The part that actually pushes the pellet into the barrel?
Hello Michael,

Me to my friend lots of pcp pass true my hands and is the first time I see a damage in the pellet like that.
The probe that pushes the pellets is ok the problem was in the copper transfer port in the barrel, I polish it with a 1200 sandpaper and now TG there is no more damage in the pellets and no more flyers.

Regards,
Gladiador.

Glad you were able to fix it!

For non-Spanish speakers...
Sometimes it is better to fix it yourself, I have done with mine now and I have a better idea how everything works .. or at least until I started to change Orings in my daystate airwolf ... how nice that you solved your problems...

Original...
Aveces es mejor arreglarlo uno mismo, yo hasi termine haciendo con el mío ahora ya tengo una mejor idea como todo funciona.. hasta ya empecé a cambiar Orings en mi daystate airwolf… que bueno que resolviste eso… 

"GQ"
"Gladiador"
"Menttaliist"

Kmd

Hello.

Regards,
Gladiador.

So are you satisfied now ?
Hello.

Not one hundred percent satisfied but more relaxed.

Regards,
Gladiador.

"Eddy1840"Aveces es mejor arreglarlo uno mismo, yo hasi termine haciendo con el mío ahora ya tengo una mejor idea como todo funciona.. hasta ya empecé a cambiar Orings en mi daystate airwolf... que bueno que resolviste eso...

Hola Eddy,

Es lamentable que a un pcp de este precio tienes que arreglarlo al poco tiempo de haberlo comprado nuevo. Muchas pcp han pasado por mis manos y la verdad es la primera vez que algo así pasa. Por suerte algo se del tema y pude solucionarlo, de no ser así mi amigo hubiera tenido un gran y muy caro tranca puertas en su colección.

Saludos,
Gladiador.

Hello Eddy,

It is unfortunate that a pcp of this price you have to fix it shortly after buy it.

Many pcp have passed through my hands and the truth is the first time something like that happens. Luckily I was able to solve it, otherwise my friend would have had a great and very expensive paperweight in his collection because here there is no one else who knows how to fix and understand these guns.

Regards,
Gladiator.

"Michael"
"Gladiador"
Hello Michael,

Regards,
Gladiador.

Glad you were able to fix it!
Thank You Michael.

Regards,
Gladiador.

I have .30 cal impact and .25 cal barrel. I am on RMA # 4. 1st lots of blow back behind valve tube and set screw behind regulator gauge bad magazine. 2nd Regulator seal leak internal. 3rd Loss of velocity. 4th Loss of velocity. I like the rifle. It hits what ever you want. I will just start servicing it myself. I think I have the courage now after watching Ernest's videos. I also am researching O ring types. AOA definitely has gone out there way to keep me quiet.