• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact/Crown Regulator Piston Puller Hi-Tech Tool (RPPT)

I had a little regulator creeping issue for a while and kept putting off resealing it. I pulled it a couple of days ago and fortunately the piston came out with the regulator housing and spring washer stack after holding the gun upside down while I unscrewed it all. After cleaning and replacing the O-rings and re-inserting it the same way it came out I had a leak somewhere through the regulator that was causing a steady creep up. So back I go, unscrewed it upside down again but this time the piston and spring stack stayed inside the action hole. I know I didn't want to grab it with needle nose pliers and risk marring the piston shaft so I follow a tip that Glemm Chally shared with me so I'll give the credit for the great idea to him. So here is the RPPT that I used, I screwed up though, while I had the regulator apart I should have turned a couple out of Delrin on the lathe, The hole on the small end needs to "just" fit, any looser it might not work. You can use the opposite end to re-insert the piston with the spring stack in place. 

Jking

Tool 2.1612039810.jpg
Tool1.1612039810.jpg

Reactions: Goldwing
Jking 

There is an easiest way .You can fit in the thread of the rear block your fill hose ( 1/8 bsb) and blow air.Just put a plastic bag by any way around the gun to avoid to lose any disks .Is coming out immediately. When you need to install it again you just keep the gun upside down and you can insert the reg body with the piston together. 

The method of our friend Glemm Chally of course is respectable and he always give us solutions with any problem related with an fx impact .

For me is working perfect the method I described above.

Jking 

There is an easiest way .You can fit in the thread of the rear block your fill hose ( 1/8 bsb) and blow air.Just put a plastic bag by any way around the gun to avoid to lose any disks .Is coming out immediately. When you need to install it again you just keep the gun upside down and you can insert the reg body with the piston together. 

The method of our friend Glemm Chally of course is respectable and he always give us solutions with any problem related with an fx impact .

For me is working perfect the method I described above.

Thanks for the other option Chris,

I think I'll just stick with my method, slow and controlled. I can see the writing on the wall, lol hit it with a little air and use the baggy to catch all the pieces and next thing you know it's a oh crap moment and "where did those other two spring washer go"?? As careful as you try sometimes stuff just happens. Hopefully I'll only need to pull the regulator very seldom anyway. 

jking