• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

FX IMPACT COMPACT STATS & THOUGHTS

OK, on 6-30-2022 I bought an FX Impact Compact in .25. This has the 500 mm barrel. On 7-11-2022 I bought Element Optics Helix 6-24X50 SFP, APR-1C MRAD reticle. Just to be clear I am ecstatic with this gun. I also purchased a DonnyFL FATBOY moderator. In the past I have had a Cricket, Vulcan, FX Wildcat, Edgun Leshiy classic and until recently an Edgun Leshiy 2. Can’t say a lot bad about any of them but there was always something that bothered me and I kept searching. I did not want the FX Impact because it looked like a large monstrosity with way to much tuning. I admit my mistakes and this was one. The FX Impact Compact .25 is not overly large or heavy and when it arrived I was shocked at how small it was compared to my thoughts. So I started to do some reading and settings and adjustments and started with the 95% tune although I did change it a bit. Now for the obligatory stats. Settings are as follows

Front Valve is 4 ½ turns out (and that is the maximum mine will physically turn out)
1st Reg 150Bar which came from factory
2nd reg 100Bar ( I adjusted with ball end Allen key very easy
Macro set at 16
Micro set at 3
JSB Exact 25.39 Pellets
880 FPS for 43.7 Ft. Lbs

Changing just the Macro and Micro
My current settings for accuracy and sound
Are as follows.
1st reg 150 bar
2nd reg 100 bar
Front valve 4 ½ turns out
Macro @ 8
Micro @ 2.25
JSB Exact 25.39 Pellets
816 FPS for 37.5 Ft. Lbs.
At this setting I get 100+ shots
300 cc tank filled to 245 Bar and shot down to 115 Bar.

Now just some notes of issues I ran across.

My front valve adjusting knob has 4 lines and that’s it. I have read where adjustments have been made out to 6+ but that was confusing to me because a turn is not from one line to the next and so I would think the numbers should be 4 lines + X amount of turns. At any rate MY gun will physically screw out 4 lines and ½ turn before the knob is stopped by the back end of the shroud.

Now I read where the pellets like speeds closer to 900 FPS. I do a lot of backyards subdivision shooting and my settings are great for 25 to 35 yards. Can’t question the accuracy. Also just by changing Macro and Micro I am 880 fps and near 44 ft lbs. I think some of our sub 12 ft lbs friends would be happy at those settings.

Reactions: ripping.r
Catman, why is that? It came from factory at 110 but then it was louder. What exactly would that change / help? Honest question as I don't know. From factory valve at 4th line, 1st reg 150, 2nd reg 110, macro 16, micro 3 shooting 25.39 at 892 fps for 44.8 ft lbs. Also at those settings (I did not count) but I did not get 75 shots per fill.

IMG_1019.jpeg

Catman, why is that? It came from factory at 110 but then it was louder. What exactly would that change / help? Honest question as I don't know. From factory valve at 4th line, 1st reg 150, 2nd reg 110, macro 16, micro 3 shooting 25.39 at 892 fps for 44.8 ft lbs. Also at those settings (I did not count) but I did not get 75 shots per fill.

View attachment 278777
those are the sittings FX gave me for mine. same gun. i dont have a crony yet but i would like to run the same as you. no reason to have everything maxed out.

View attachment 278777
I thought you wanted more volocity

dunk-

Don't kid yourself (or let anyone else)...

Diabolo (with waist) shaped pellets shoot VERY well up to about 100 yrds with 800 fps ! While my range is somewhat less than that, all of my adjustable guns, are set to about...800 fps .
Also, look at some of Rick Rehm's YouTube videos, he's done a few at 100yrds and slow pellet speeds !!!
The Canadians and British do this...ALL...the time. Actually, even slower pellet speeds !

Mike

Reactions: Mr12PM
Nothing wrong with low 800‘s with a .25. I have my crown mk2 setup with a 380 mm .25 barrel tuned at 804 fps avg. Its a deadly setup and smacks starlings at 80 yds with ease. I have another crown mk2 setup in .30 with a 700 mm barrel and an impact m3 setup with a 700 mm barrel in .22. The .30 and .22 are tuned hot but that short .25 handles business just fine at 804 with 25 gr. JSB.