FX Impact compact Mk 3 .177 cal load data needed

I have an FX MK 3 Impact Compact in .177 cal. I am having a difficult time getting it to shoot any type of groups at 25 yds. Thus far my group range from an 1 " to 3 " in no wind conditions off a bench.
I am shooting off a tripod and have a 10 x 50 power Sightron on it. I have tried multiple brands and pellet weights without much success. I have only adjusted the side wheel 1-16 and its associated roller wheel adjustments.

I am not new to shooting and a Master rating in other rifle disciplines. I can group my 6 BR, and 6.5 x 47 Lapua rounds at a half a minute at 200 yds with regularity.

Any insights or proven settings and pellet information would be appreciated. If I am missing something else, please let me know.
Thank you.

it should shoot one hole groups at that distance.

what are your reg settings and wheel/micro settings?

and do you have a chronograph?

ernest does a great video on how to tune the m3,
its really simple once you understand how everything works.
Thank you. I have tried different settings from 1-16 and on the micro wheel. I may start over at Wheel setting 1, and micro setting 1 and move up as I test.
Yes I have a very good chrono. I am used to load testing for my centerfires, but this is new to me. Thank you for your assistance.

Look up (airgun tuning recipes dot com) . There are all kinds of set ups that you can set your impact to and from there you can tweak it up or down to your liking.
Thank you, that was a great tip and site.
I experimented today and made some adjustments. I shot 3 - 5 shot groups at 25 yds and they were all one hole cloverleafs. I am on the right track.

Thanks for your help. dan

Reactions: merpo
I do not have a M3, but my mk2 was challenfing to tune with 8 grain pellets. Think it is because it is in the lower end of the power cababilities of the gun. I choosed to use the JSB Heavy instead. I have read some actually go with high pressure in the impact to "tame" the hammer strike, instead of adjusting the valve adjuster all the way in. But I have not tried that aproach myself. Most who buy a FAC impact probably does not intens to use it with light.177 pellets.

Reactions: mercado
I’ve struggled with my DL too. Two of my barrel’s choke were too tight. A .178 diameter slug came out .173. My 500 mm barrel comes out.174 and shoots better. Clean your barrel well and Polish with JB paste. If that doesn’t work, call FX and request a replacement under warranty.
Thanks for the information. I will give it a thorough cleaning it then slug and measure. Dan