FX Impact compact, Best compact hunting gun out there???

If you love bolt on do-dads and gadgets, then your soul mates little sister should keep you occupied. You might get bored with a gun that the aftermarket doesn’t have a bunch of stuff to bolt onto it. I have two compacts and a 610mm. They are the hobby within this hobby for me.
I hear you bud, still eyeballing more doodads for my 700mm. My wife sees me browsing them and immediately gets to looking at more bags ... We kinda have an unspoken rule lol

• Haha
Reactions: Bernie7
FX 500mm barrels and slugs are a crap shoot on a good day. I have tried on two guns and the results were marginal at best.
The only advice I can offer is to stick with lighter slugs or go with heavier pellets. I think you will be happier with the heavier pellets.
I only have one pellet shooter and that is my compact. If I want distance I will pay the price and deal with the additional 4” of barrel. On a bullpup you hardly notice it.

I have a M3 Impact in .25 I use for pesting/hunting. Baker Airguns set it up for JSB King Hvy MkII 33.95 pellets. I've been shooting NSA 33.5 slugs at same settings. Shoots fantastic with even same Poi. It's great I can switch from pellets to slugs and not touch a thing other than what I'm aiming at, it gets touched by lead.

Reactions: MunkKiller
FX 500mm barrels and slugs are a crap shoot on a good day. I have tried on two guns and the results were marginal at best.
The only advice I can offer is to stick with lighter slugs or go with heavier pellets. I think you will be happier with the heavier pellets.
I only have one pellet shooter and that is my compact. If I want distance I will pay the price and deal with the additional 4” of barrel. On a bullpup you hardly notice it.
Ya my thoughts exactly

I have a M3 Impact in .25 I use for pesting/hunting. Baker Airguns set it up for JSB King Hvy MkII 33.95 pellets. I've been shooting NSA 33.5 slugs at same settings. Shoots fantastic with even same Poi. It's great I can switch from pellets to slugs and not touch a thing other than what I'm aiming at, it gets touched by lead.
That's what mine is, but I use the 34.95 NSA slugs with very nice results. Might have try the pellet of the same weight... BUT WHY 🤔 lol

Reactions: qball
That's what mine is, but I use the 34.95 NSA slugs with very nice results. Might have try the pellet of the same weight... BUT WHY 🤔 lol
I think just about anybody is well served to have at least one pellet shooter. All of my other guns are slug shooters. Why did I use the compact for pellets? There is no handicap with the shorter barrel with the velocities pellets shoot at. My shot count may go down but the power (Think hunting) is not compromised. Even my compact with the 25 cal set up gets 54 shots out of the diminutive 300cc bottle.

I'm sure it's a nice rifle but it's not for me because I shoot from my left shoulder. The magazine prevents me from seeing the scope. It's also over a pound heavier than my P35s. Length is similar but the Impact barrel is 50 mm longer. But if you go to the Stoeger bullshark the difference is only 10mm. Weight is still lower. Accuracy is good on mine but the Impact may be better. My P35-177 and P35-25 have produced low 190s 30 yard challenge targets and my P35-22 has given me a 200. I see Impacts with better results but there seem to be a few with worse. Impact power is definitely greater but I can get heavy-for-caliber pellets to 800 fps or more so I think my P35s are OK for power. Slugs are definitely iffy with only my P35-25 shooting any usably well - and it is more accurate with JSB or FX 34 grain pellets. My P35s do not require a moderator to be quiet so they are shorter if you count the moderator on an Impact in it's length. My point is not that the P35 is a better gun for everybody. It is better for me and I think it is closer than most believe - for roughly 1/3 the price.

Reactions: Florida_Man
Going to buy one soon but just wondering if this gun has any real competition. Shoots slugs and pellets at 100yds accurately with a 500mm barrel. Anything out there that give it a run for it's money???
I have a Airmaks Krait Compact 22cal. For me, it's the best compact I've owned. With the length of pull @14", the overall length is 24". 50+ shots @ 35fpe. CZ barrel 1:17.7. 1/2" groups @50yds with FX 18.1. I had a Panthera Hunter Compact 22cal that I put up for sale 4 days after getting the Krait. The Krait's shorter, lighter, more powerful, more accurate and has better ergonomics and balance. I've also had 3 Impacts,( 1 Compact 22cal), 3 Edguns including a R3M Compact, Taipan Veteran , AGT Uragan, 2 Wildcats, and a Zbroia . In the past 9 years, I've burned 🔥 thru alot of ,A LOT, of gus and money: The 2 Kraits I have are simple, robust , VERY accurate. I'm primarily a forest hunter, so weight is a big deal for me. Talk to Bin at The Pellet Shop.
Bill and Addi.
20231222_213458.jpg

If you are really set on slugs I would go with a 600 mm over 500 barrel. It isn’t that much more cumbersome. You can always still run a 300 cc bottle. You are likely to be plagued with a few slow velocity shots out of the gate. Unfortunately is what it is. You can give a few dry fires before heading into the field. I also give it a few extra clicks on the macro wheel when it has sat and that helps a lot.