• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact brass adaptor help

2c985824166131763b5d303c0d1478d1.jpg
hi, I'm after a little help with my fx impact. Does anybody have any pictures of how the brass adaptors go back in please? Do I need A36 and A37 parts for this? I have seen some good videos of Ernest with his impact rebuild but none in that area of the rifle. Thanks

Nothing goes inbetween, it is simply a sort of drilled internal line that needs to be plugged by the two brass screws.
Do not put too much force on the screw , it is the small oring that make it plugged.
a36 and a37 are inside the breach.
View attachment 1849View attachment 1858

Hi

I heard my impact m3 hissing quite loud and found it was coming from tis brass adapter behind the trigger. I screwed it in, but it immediately stripped when I snugged it to stop the leak. The air was emptied and I snugged it a little at a time to try to stop the leak. Does anyone know how I can fix this??? Help greatly appreciated!!

Hi

I heard my impact m3 hissing quite loud and found it was coming from tis brass adapter behind the trigger. I screwed it in, but it immediately stripped when I snugged it to stop the leak. The air was emptied and I snugged it a little at a time to try to stop the leak. Does anyone know how I can fix this??? Help greatly appreciated!!
Hmm, hopefully just stripped the screw not the threads in the block. It's a plug for when they drill an air passage. You'll probably need the brass plug and oring. Assuming it's the one pictured on the hand side of the grip.

Hmm, hopefully just stripped the screw not the threads in the block. It's a plug for when they drill an air passage. You'll probably need the brass plug and oring. Assuming it's the one pictured on the hand side of the grip.

The plug is brass so I’m sure it didn’t strip the hard block material. The 2.5mm key just spins when I try to unscrew it as the key is what stripped cause it wouldn’t unscrew!…how do I extract it?

I've never heard of one stripping before, trying to screw it in under pressure caused this. Of course the air pressure will win that battle. If it was mine I'd try an ez-out with no pressure in the gun, assuming you can get one that small. If that doesn't work maybe epoxy isn't the worst idea. I'll let others chime in.
It wasn’t under pressure. I tightened until snug and then something popped. It wouldn’t back out cause the pop was the soft metal giving out. I honestly think it is the same situation as with the pellet probe set screw. So many people have had it strip out because it’s not a common Allen screw size. Darn it idk what to do. I can send it back for warranty as snugging up a darn screw that came out on its own shouldn’t be the owners fault. Do we have to send it in to have the delicate screws tightened by certified repairmen? I didn’t crank on it…I’m not an idiot..something was just not right with that plug.

I get it, and I agree there's no reason to use a brass screw there. (That I can think of) I've had one impact for over 3 yrs and another that's the same age and never had to mess with these screws. And never had any screws strip out either the head or the threads. Good quality tools and the right size make a big difference. (Not saying you aren't using the proper tools)

In hindsight I bet removing the screw, cleaning the oring or replacing it and silicone grease on it I bet it would seal at not very tight at all. It shouldn't need to be real tight to seal. For air gauges you can even go a full turn back from bottomed out and it'll seal as soon as the pressure hits the oring.

Let's see a pic of the screw?

Reactions: bigHUN
I had to replace that O-ring on mine. It had lost all elasticity and was rock hard. It's the little 1X2, same as the regulator adjuster screw.
As far as your issue, you might remove the bottle and remove the same plug screw just under the bottle. That would at least let you physically push against the one that is stuck while trying to unscrew it (assuming it's a straight bore). You might also try an inch sized hex wrench. I've done that before when the metric was wallowed out. Might by chance, be just snug enough that a couple of light taps with small hammer or something similar might make a snug enough fit to back out the screw while applying pressure from the other end. Good luck

Bought this stuff just for that special moment I may need it-

And I keep a set of these Allen wrenches with grooved tips to bite into areas within the Allen socket that have rounded off

Last edited:
Reactions: jking
Bought this stuff just for that special moment I may need it-

And I keep a set of these Allen wrenches with grooved tips to bite into areas within the Allen socket that have rounded off

Wow, never knew these existed. I need to see if our Home Depot stocks them. thanks for the tip Augie.