• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact air gauge?

I bought my Impact used and wasn’t sure what the reg was set at,the fx gauge that came on the gun read 150 which seemed high, so I bought a Edmu digital gauge and installed it on the regulator and it read 141 which sounds about right. With it on the regulator you can change the pressure very precisely. I then installed the gauge in the bottle , there it shows bottle pressure ,shots left, average amount of air per shot. It takes a bit to figure out how to run the thing, but it works good . I’ve only had it for a couple of weeks. They are brass colored so I wrapped some electrical tape around it ,now it’s black!
e66fc089d0cb6fae5bb3659cbf79ad77.jpg

"Cubdriver"I bought my Impact used and wasn’t sure what the reg was set at,the fx gauge that came on the gun read 150 which seemed high, so I bought a Edmu digital gauge and installed it on the regulator and it read 141 which sounds about right. With it on the regulator you can change the pressure very precisely. I then installed the gauge in the bottle , there it shows bottle pressure ,shots left, average amount of air per shot. It takes a bit to figure out how to run the thing, but it works good . I’ve only had it for a couple of weeks. They are brass colored so I wrapped some electrical tape around it ,now it’s black!
e66fc089d0cb6fae5bb3659cbf79ad77.jpg
Good stuff Cubdriver and thank you for your reply. 

Eric

As for guns with the huge air bottles and the low energy per shot (for example FX .177 below 16 Joles energy) the guage is set to consider the pressure drop over 1.5 bar as a "shot", if the pressure drop is less then 1.5 the gauge consider it as the fault and will not put the data to statistics, but it will still working as the guage, showing the pressure.