FX Impact accuracy issues

Last week i bought a new FX Impact and then waited for my new scope to arrive yesterday. I have just been sighting it in and sadly 2 issues have immediatly occurred. After getting on paper and sighting in the gun is horribly inaccurate, at least 1 shot in 4 is off by up to an inch in a random direction at 25m. From looking at the end of the telescopic shroud it would seem the barrel is not aligned and the pellets are clipping at the end :( Sadly it will have to go back .... very disapointed. It is my first FX gun after always being a Daystate man before, never had issues with daystate rifles. Took my wolverine out and immediatley shot impeccable groups over both 25 and 50m. Anyone else see this issue??

"RenoTwolf"I have a .30 Impact and it is 1.1 inch, 5 shots group, at 100 yards on a calm day. I did have a pressure problem but AoA took care of that within one week.
Yeah wish mine would do that. Called the dealer and they are going to collect it and get it sorted. I got both my .22 pulsar and .177 wolverine out just to see if it was me having a bad day... sadly not. 

When i look at the end of the shroud there are definite marks that i can only believe are pellets clipping. I would have thought that this would have thrown the pellets out by more over 25m???

"HRCBLADE"
"RenoTwolf"I have a .30 Impact and it is 1.1 inch, 5 shots group, at 100 yards on a calm day. I did have a pressure problem but AoA took care of that within one week.
Yeah wish mine would do that. Called the dealer and they are going to collect it and get it sorted. I got both my .22 pulsar and .177 wolverine out just to see if it was me having a bad day... sadly not. 

When i look at the end of the shroud there are definite marks that i can only believe are pellets clipping. I would have thought that this would have thrown the pellets out by more over 25m???
Aren't each of these guns fired and checked before they are sold?

"Nueces"
"HRCBLADE"

Aren't each of these guns fired and checked before they are sold?
You would hope so ... I got a shop test certificate with mine but who knows what they check. It states velocity of 5 pellets. Guess they don't do an accuracy test though. 
In saying that I would think the manufacturer would do an accuracy test of each rifle but then again who knows

"fe7565"I received a 20 yard test target from AOA for my FX Impact....it meets 1980's springer standards. Now if they would test them at 40 or 50 yards a lot more of these rifles would not leave their shop without some accurizing first...which seems to be why many of them are sent back to them...after sales.

Ha, 1980's springer standard, made me laugh. But true though!

I guess it's not really practical for them to shoot long distance groups though. But to be fair they shouldn't have to be doing it anyway!

I saw a video where apparently FX tests the barrels, but both my Impact barrels needed to be replaced and accurized. RAW does shoot each rifle "as a whole"before it ships. The HM 1000X 30 I got out of the retail channel is an absolute pellet stacker at 50 yards. I had a 30 fps extreme spread on my Impact and I have a 3,4, or 5 fps extreme spread on the RAW.

"fe7565"I received a 20 yard test target from AOA for my FX Impact....it meets 1980's springer standards. Now if they would test them at 40 or 50 yards a lot more of these rifles would not leave their shop without some accurizing first...which seems to be why many of them are sent back to them...after sales.
I was sighting in at 25yds and it couldn't shoot a group... so maybe if the did a test target on mine it was at 10yds LOL

Seems like a lot of money to pay for a gun that is not likely to be able to shoot yourself in the foot with :)

"MrAirgun"

Ha, 1980's springer standard, made me laugh. But true though!

I guess it's not really practical for them to shoot long distance groups though. But to be fair they shouldn't have to be doing it anyway!
AOA is north of me by 45 min so I've been there several times. They really don't have a 50 yard range that can be used to vet rifles going out the door. Yes they have done videos showing a 50 yard range but that is on their East wall neighboring the business next door so they probably can't use that on a regular basis. There are many gun dealers that sell rifles with no facilities to shoot so I think this falls on FX more than anyone.

My Impact shot very well at first. Then it started getting worse. I discovered, just before leaving town for 3 weeks, that the power wheel screw had backed itself slowly out. A chrony test revealed that the velocities were squirrely. When I return I'll use a little AC-3 adhesive on the threads. Fingers cross that gets it back on the one hole track. If yours is showing signs of clipping then yeah that's probably your problem but you might want to also check the PW adjuster screw. Hope this helps. BTW I agree....a 20 yard test shows nothing....at least 30-50 is needed.

I still call myself a newbe, Been in the PCP sport for about four years,
I have never seen any gun with this many problems, People sending them back for refunds,
Hell 2000 bucks what is another 300 send it to Earnest for a inspection and a tune up...
That's what I would do..
I just think FX is just pushing them out the door to fast,
My two cents, Take it or leave it,
Mike

I'm with you Mike, I know new designs are going to have some issues but it's alarming on every new batch of new rifles the issues reported aren't addressed. Some are going to say how innovative the design is but, that means nothing if you are one those who shelled out 2 grand and can't get instant gratification when it arrives. Maybe they should stop production and do some redesigning, speak with people like Ernest who could give them some input as he has come up with some very good simple fixes for some known issues. I love the FX guns and have owned a couple but, this one as bad as I wanted one I couldn't take that chance.

ddransomi,

A 'caliber' on the Impact is just a barrel plus a pellet probe. Though there are Impact barrel quality issues, the base problem is the design and manufacturing of the core receiver. That is where the majority of problems are happening. If you are looking at a gun like the s510, you don't want the headaches that come from the compromises needed to make the Impact a multi caliber platform. With the s510, you can setup once, figure out your trajectory and just enjoy shooting. If you swap barrel calibers or change power settings on the Impact, you are going to either have to be really good at mentally adjusting for all the trajectory variation (good luck), or have good notes on how to reset the scope from .25 to .30 or power 1 vs 3 vs 5. And, take the $400 savings difference and get a nice scope.

Good point about the "hit or miss" with the Impact - I think that's exactly what it is. And what that points to is terrible QC by FX (assuming they actually have a QC dept). Brand new out of the box I was getting 2" groups at 50 yards even though the manufacturer claims to be 1/2" at 50. Had no clue what might be happening until I put my scope cam on it. Sent it back for warranty repair. Retailer determined the probe screw had to be replaced, barrel accurized, magazine adjusted (opening literally filed down), and breach adjusted. Gun got tested and passed at 25 yards (which is point blank range for a PCP) and shipped back... even though I explained the problems didn't start appearing until 40-50 yards? Go figure. I shot a couple of test shots and things do not look much better than before. Will do a full test this week when it stops raining and post results. Since it's apparently up to me now to figure out what's going on with my new $2k toy, I've been scouring the web for answers and subsequently finding more people with similar issues. So yeah, some of these guns are really great, but some are just terrible.. Back to my accuracy issues though. I believe that if everyone had a scope cam, a lot more of these guns would be going back. Check out the vid before I sent the gun in. https://youtu.be/QlRQUZQfLf8 which explains what's going on with the accuracy. https://youtu.be/Eo2LnmRMLbU