• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning FX Impact 700 mm TOO LOUD

Maybe try it with it not maxxed out, there's many tuning videos on YT. Watch them and try what they do, you shouldn't need much preload on the HST set screw to get 900 with the 44's.

It's probably working too hard to get the speed you're getting and it's not "balanced", but either way 900 in .30 is going to be relatively loud. (No moderators in Canada).

The info is out there already.

My .25cal was what I would consider to be not too bad. Initially I considered it to be loud. I modded it with a Huma V2 transfer port and their probe. At under 90 bar I can shoot the .25gr pellets at 900fps (on MAX) fairly quietly and 700fps (on MIN) which I would call backyard friendly (except for the sound of the impact). I agree with going the .177 or .22cal if you want quiet. That being said, I prefer shooting the Impact to the .22cal Red Wolf I had (which was fairly quiet). My suggestion is to write down all your factory settings (use digital calipers for measurement) and then start tuning. 

My factory settings were:

Reg Pressure - 110bar

Hammer Spring (on MAX) - 19.52mm

Valve - 9.04mm

Energy 51fpe with 33.95gr JSB Kings (826fps)

Current setting are:

Reg Pressure - 89bar

Hammer Spring (on MAX) - 20.20mm

Valve - 7.27mm

Energy - 46fpe with 25gr JSB Kings (900fps). I ran out of the 33.95gr pellets so I can't compare the velocity right now.

Have fun and experiment. Write everything down so you can go back to where you were and take some notes along the way. Be prepared to shoot a lot of pellets or slugs during the tuning process.

If you could attach a DonnyFL Shogun on the end it would be "backyard", IMO, when shooting the 45gr at 920 FPS with the same setup. That's if you just shoot into a rubber mulch filled container. The tune also has to be dialed in to eliminate as much wasted air per shot as you can.

As a test using a chronograph to see if you are overdriving the current tune, start with the valve adjustment on line 4 and the PW set to max. Take a few shots on max and note the velocities. Lower the PW one or two notches to see if the velocity drops any. If it does not then you would be better served to try the tune again reducing the HS and starting back with the PW on max.

a 30 cal producing its nominal power level will be loud, no matter what kind of pickle you put on the end of it, certainly when the projectile impacts its target...that includes the container holding rubber much...I shoot into cardboard boxes holding rubber mulch and anything over 30 fpe gives the definitive SMACK of a projectile, or 'shot'....

I would honestly raise the reg from 130 bar (1900~ psi) to 145 bar (2100 psi), and tune to the same velocity.

I don't know what is loud for you..I have shoot my friends. 30 inside my shop.a solid concrete construction. .that has no windows openings and with the factory moderator. It could be shoot with no hering protection all day...try that with a Sumatra or a HP condor n you will see what loud is ..you feel like some one is kicking you in the head..2 shoot n your brain simply can't take another..