FX FX Impact 600mm 30 feedback

I am pondering a new PCP. At the top of the list is an M3 in 30 cal with a 600mm barrel.
What I am wondering is how does that set up work with slugs? Would I need a slug liner? Will the standard liner work just fine.
Would I be better off shooting pellets? There is plenty of fpe and long range capability with a 30 cal pellet for over 100 yards.
What will I be doing with it? Shooting coyotes, badgers and plinking out to 150 yards maybe further.
Just want to know what other’s experiences have been.
I am not interested in posts about other guns except possibly the Maverick in the same configuration.

Thanks in advance

Reactions: air-hunter_canyon
Coyotes at 150 yards with a .30 cal pellet is a tall order. I'm not saying it can't be done but you enter ethical questions of humane dispatch. A slug would be a better option. You will likely need another liner. There are more dual purpose liners in .22 and .25 if you are seeking a gun that could be used for either at different power levels.

Just random worthless advice.

Coyotes at 150 yards with a .30 cal pellet is a tall order. I'm not saying it can't be done but you enter ethical questions of humane dispatch. A slug would be a better option. You will likely need another liner. There are more dual purpose liners in .22 and .25 if you are seeking a gun that could be used for either at different power levels.

Just random worthless advice.
I already have two M3 600mm 22’s, a Maverick compact in 25 and a Panthera 600mm in 25. I want to try the 30. May turn out I don’t care for it, but you don’t know until you try.
I bought a Bushbuck carbine several months ago and love shooting it along with a PBBA Pro 20 that has most of my attention right now

If you have two of the same guns in .22, then just get a caliber swap kit. The superior liners they come with are meant for use with lighter weight slugs (and pellets).

I got an older style barrel in .30 for my gun. The older ones came with internal moderators. Not terribly effective. But honestly good enought that I dont use a thread-on moderator. Anyhow, the older barrels like this don't come with the new superior liners. Just the newer ones.

Last edited:
If you have two of the same guns in .22, then just get a caliber swap kit. The superior liners they come with are meant for use with lighter weight slugs (and pellets).

I got an older style barrel in .30 for my gun. The older ones came with internal moderators. Not terribly effective. But honestly good enought that I dont use a thread-on moderator. Anyhow, the older barrels like this don't come with the new superior liners. Just the newer ones.
I would do that but one of the M3’s is the one my wife shoots

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas