FX Impact .35 not suited for .22 barrel???

Great stuff guys! 👊

Very nice to get feedback from someone with actual hands on experience shooting the beast. Thank you Luxurycat! 🙏 😊

All the feedback and suggestions have made me reconsider. My thoughts now are to go for a .25 cal 600 mm barrel. The shorter barrel should help slow things down a bit while the slightly bigger and heavier projectile (.25 cal over .22) would be able to handle the power better. And if this, with the basic down-tuning, will not be enough... I might just try the different spring-and-rubber-ball trick from Ernest. 

Like this one would get great versatility. A manoeuvrable rifle you can walk around with in the woods, shoot more rounds with per fill, for less money per projectile. And a canon for the zombie apocalypse 😎 😆

Gonna pick up the canon real soon. Too bad the slug liner (superior heavy) isn't out yet. I've read some things about the different FX liners, which mention that the different liner for pellets and slugs might be more due to marketing then actual necessity. And that some barrels (Tj's custom, Lothar Walther) shoot both just fine. I get the idea behind the different twist rates for heavier projectiles, but am intrigued by people shooting both pellets and slugs just fine with one barrel. Any thoughts on that? Maybe someone doing great at 100+ yards with just one barrel shooting both slugs and pellets?

Oh, and for the bipod I'm gonna try to make an extension myself. I ordered some carbon tubing, detachable weaver mount, etc. Let's see what that does 😄

Thanks again guys and have a great day 👋

Take a look at this thread, I was not the orginal OP but contacted FX and great news the .357 will be able to tune down to .22. 25, and .30 by adjusting the hammer spring tension and lowering the regulator pressure. I believe there was some confusion with the early batch that had some sort of different length valves but that appears to have been resolved and now the .357's can be adjusted easily to .22 and if you want to shoot .177 you need to change the valve spring and remove the extra spacers which are the only different parts used in the .357

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/ok-guys-the-fx-inpact-35-is-a-one-trick-pony-you-cant-switch-calibers/page/2/

Primaz, thank you for posting this! 🙏😊

I was kinda bummed out about the whole deal. It‘s great to know the change is easily possible . Krale, local gunshop, once more said it was not possible. I guess they are not well informed.

Anyway, hope to come with some nice videos and pictures soon. Still waiting on camera equipment... 

have a great day everyone 😊✌️