FX Impact .35 Caliber Magazine Droopage Issue

Just got my new FX Impact in today. It would not cycle and I had 2 different magazines I was trying with different types of ammo. I noticed when I brought the sidelever all the way back and the magazine would rotate it would drop enough that I couldn't push the probe back forward without first having to stop and mess with the magazine pushing it back in the upright position. Once I went through decent part of the magazine the issue seemed to go away.

It appears the very heavy .35 Cal ammunition is responsible for this (80grain+) . Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas how to fix? Looked through manual and tried to see if there was a way to tweak how magazine sits in but could not find any documentation. Either way pretty disappointing to pay this much money for an airgun and have a single shot utility.

Here are still pictures. It's pretty hard to tell but the magazine goes DOWN when I cycle the sidelever back. The red circles represent what it looks like when I cant get the probe forward. The green is what it looks like when its in the right position and is cocked and loaded. Here's a 15s second videolink on youtube where you can kind of see the magazine fall down when I pull the sidelever all the way back. What's easier to see ia the correction of when we push it up I can get the probe back through the next pellet

https://youtu.be/fmKKl5voxKc

IMG_20201031_1109202.1604158066.jpg
IMG_20201031_1110162.1604158062.jpg
IMG_20201031_1109163.1604158064.jpg
IMG_20201031_1110072.1604158063.jpg

Does the magazine release go click when you insert and lock in place? May want to manually click that tiny lever upon inserting. Wiggle the mag whole doing so if you must.

Only other thing I can think of is putting a piece of tape on the back side of the magazine where it slides on to keep tension on it to hold it in place as a bandaid but you should contact the dealer to address your concerns.

I just got a couple of the large capacity mags for my .25 impact. They will go in and click in a couple of different positions but only one will allow it to werq correctly. I am still trying to get used to putting it in right. Just about the time I think I have it together and can do it right I do it improperly again. Grrr I will get it soon and muscle memory will take over after that.

I think it's a fully loaded mag weight issue rather than a mag feeding issue. His mag seems to sag down when fully loaded when indexing the next round. Wouldn't it act as an inertia slide hammer jolting the mag to sag down in between cycling if the spring tension was too much? It is indexing clockwise so maybe slide hammer effect bumping a heavy mag down or just shaking it abruptly when cycling and the weight makes it sag down?

I think it's a fully loaded mag weight issue rather than a mag feeding issue. His mag seems to sag down when fully loaded when indexing the next round. Wouldn't it act as an inertia slide hammer jolting the mag to sag down in between cycling if the spring tension was too much? It is indexing clockwise so maybe slide hammer effect bumping a heavy mag down or just shaking it abruptly when cycling and the weight makes it sag down?

This is well said better than I could say it. I am uploading pictures of the issue. Its kind of hard to tell from still pics so will also have a 40 ish second video link to youtube....

Uploaded pictures and a youtube link in the original post. Pictures are kind of hard to tell but I think the short 40 second video explains it all as you can see the magazine drop as soon as the pellet probe goes all the way back and the magazine rotates to the next pellet. This happens every single time the magazine is full. If about 6ish pellets have already been fired, it stops happening so weight seems to be the issue.

I just got a couple of the large capacity mags for my .25 impact. They will go in and click in a couple of different positions but only one will allow it to werq correctly. I am still trying to get used to putting it in right. Just about the time I think I have it together and can do it right I do it improperly again. Grrr I will get it soon and muscle memory will take over after that.

☝ This is worth exploring further... Try using only fully loaded mags then preposition after fail then reload top mag off to max every 2 shots keep it full keep trying different positions loading into the gun.

If that fails I would just note when exactly it works perfect then add +1 slug to that count then that's your reliable capacity.

Load full as usual. Put cover back on then push out those extra pellets with a pen to minus your count up to that reliability point minus one. (Actually 1 extra round added)

When you get that down packed you just save time by winding the mag not all the way maybe between 3/4 to 2/3 turn then put your first anchoring stop pellet then reload skipping all the first handful of reliability blanks that are going to be blank spaces from the inner dial stopper to the outer mag housing stopper.

12-13 useable rounds out of 18 round mag still plenty considering its caliber size which no other brand can match even at the lower count.

☝ This is worth exploring further... Try using only fully loaded mags then preposition after fail then reload top mag off to max every 2 shots keep it full keep trying different positions loading into the gun.

If that fails I would just note when exactly it works perfect then add +1 slug to that count then that's your reliable capacity.

Load full as usual. Put cover back on then push out those extra pellets with a pen to minus your count up to that reliability point minus one. (Actually 1 extra round added)

So have looked for this sweet spot maybe 5 times and it is generally when 5 to 8 pellets are missing. It has a little variance but isnt a clear spot. What is consistent is the first say 4 jam everytime and after 9 pellets are used it cycles ok everytime.