FX Impact .35 Caliber Dual Ported Barrel Inlet & Pin Probe

I recently asked my friends at Huma to make me a .35 caliber dual ported barrel inlet & pin probe to test on an FX Impact .35 caliber barrel. So they made me two prototype sets to test, and with these new parts I had my friend's M3 shooting NSA 93gr slugs at 160 ft. lbs. I was shooting the same NSA 93gr slugs with that .35 cal. barrel on my MKII Helga at 970 ft/s for 194 ft. lbs. Since these beautiful new parts passed all my tests with flying colors I advised Huma to go ahead and put these parts into production. You should also know that the o-rings Huma used on either side of the dual transfer port are 11x1.5mm in case you ever need to replace one.

The first photo below shows the new barrel inlet & pin probe from Huma, and the second photo shows the new Huma parts next to the factory OEM FX parts. Note the difference in color between the Huma & FX barrel inlets...the Huma barrel inlets are a much lighter color because they are not made of plain brass, they are made from a special proprietary blend of brass and other metals that makes them several magnitudes stronger than plain brass. These new brass barrel inlets & pin probes will be available at Huma very soon for you guys that may be interested.

All the best, Chuck

20211220_170310.1641088853.jpg

20211223_190251.1641088872.jpg

.35 DUAL PORT INLET.1641141021.png

ram2jeep: Love your dog brother... such beautiful eyes! And thanks for expressing your appreciation...man if you only knew how many thousands of hours I've put into experiments to learn how to get the power out of these Impacts that I do. Making YouTube videos is totally cool because it is easier for me to show you than it is to tell you, and also because seeing is believing! In the past I have shared some of my tuning secrets with a few guys over the phone but it has never truly worked out very well and I had to worry about what might possibly happen because of it. It's like a surgeon telling someone how to perform surgery over the phone... it just doesn't work out very well and opens the door to liability that I don't want to deal with. So this topic is showing a couple of the tools I use to get certain results...the rest is easy to figure out if one has the patience to do it. :) 

Best regards brother, Chuck

I wouldn't have thought it would make that much difference to have an inlet that's larger than the valve and port that feeds it. I started working on a high powered .35 impact a few months back and planned for over 200 ft/lbs but I was going to have to make a stronger charging rod and strengthen the parts it attached to for safety. I finally scrapped the idea and sold off the parts partly for safety concerns and because I can kill any game in my area with .30 cal.

Do you fear the charge rod breaking at one of the two holes in it? This would leave only the butt pad to protect you from the pellet probe entering your shoulder and that's only if the butt pad is in the fully up position.

Why did you start a new account if this is CHUCK from Florida?

heavy-impact: By installing a barrel inlet with a Huma Dual Hole Transfer Port that's larger than the tp hole for the valve, valve house, & rear block, and by also replacing the factory pellet probe with a Huma Pin Probe, the increase in the velocity of your projectile will be approximately 30 ft/s or more depending on the caliber, and the hammer spring & valve spring settings. This has been proven many times over in the last two years.

The part you are referring to as the "charging rod" is properly called the "reloading bar" by FX Airguns. (part #19667 - located at B19 on their parts diagram). For them to call it a "bar" when it is actually a "rod" is slightly misleading for sure. But to answer your question, no I do not fear the reloading bar breaking. Two and half years ago when I got my MKII and began experimenting with how to increase the power I also was curious about that... so I did several tests in order to push that rod to failure to see what would happen. For safety reasons I will not describe what those tests were here on this public forum, but suffice to say that the reloading bar breaking due to increasing the rifles power output is not a concern.

To answer your last question, yes I am the same Chuck that has been on this forum since about 2015. A few weeks ago I inadvertently deleted my account while trying to delete some old posts. I rejoined the forum yesterday on New Years Eve but was unable to do so under my old account called CHUCK because my computer kept saying that username and password was already taken... so I rejoined under my new YouTube Channel name which is "chuckster636."

All the best, Chuck Peffley

My regular tune on the .30 is 132 ft/lbs but the recoil is kinda sharp. Between the relatively short thread engagement of that rod in the aluminum front block and the two attenuating holes FX put through the rod it worries me. I even pinned the pellet probe to be sure it didn't shear the screw. Best of luck wreaking havoc on Florida's iguanas. I wanted to be the first to kill a pig with an air rifle on Robert Airrington's ranch (deermeatfordinner on youtube) But I never heard back from him. Maybe he'll give you the chance with a .35 He lives in Jupiter FL.

Thanks for heads up on hunting at the Arrington Ranch in Jupiter... but I have friends in Central & North Florida that have invited me to come up and hunt wild feral hogs on their property...now that I'm retired I will probably take them up on the offer. As of today my MKII in .30 cal. is giving me 143 ft. lbs. with the NSA 61.5gr slugs, but a couple days ago I ordered some of the NSA 65.5gr slugs to see what they will do. If I decide to go hunting I am definitely going to put the 800mm .35 barrel on Helga. I would feel better hunting them with those 93gr NSA slugs at 194 ft. lbs. for sure. Here is a clipping from Google about feral hogs in Florida...

"How big do wild pigs get in Florida? 5-6 feet long. This species is popular to hunt and occurs in all 67 Florida counties. Wild hogs occupy a wide variety of habitats but prefer oak-cabbage palm hammocks, freshwater marshes and sloughs, and pine flatwoods. They can reach weights of more than 150 pounds and be 5-6 feet long." Actually guys take feral hogs up to 300 lbs. in some places... I'm definitely going for a head shot! :)

Feral hogs are considered a non-native nuisance species here in Florida and you do not need a license to hunt them nor is there a bag limit on them either, because they cause a lot of damage to the Everglades, Wildlife Management Areas, farms, & private property.

Best regards and Happy New Year to you heavy-impact, Chuck