• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx impact .35 accuracy at 100 yards?

When I last went to the range I didn't setup a target but was hitting a 2 liter soda bottle shot after shot with the NSA 93gr slugs. I didn't try the JSB pellets at that range but instead used the pellets at 50 and 35 yards which they shot phenomenally. 
Accuracy is really in the hands of the shooter utilizing the equipment he has to the best of his abilities. I love the power of the M3 in .35 and the ease of adjustments. We are in wet weather pattern so going to the range this week is looking poor but as soon as the weather breaks I will be posting my results.

Sadly information on the FX .35 is hard to find. When the rifle first came out it was given the thumbs up by guys like 68 whiskey and shooter1771 and so on but after that nothing really; not much after that. Don’t see those guys shooting it anymore or anyone else for that matter. Heard they are hard to tune. Heard pellets are difficult to find and very expensive. Heard you can’t get an STX heavy liner barrel for them so no slug performance. Just what I have knowledge of. 

I think you don't see many folks shooting the .35 because of its power output; it's just over 150ft/lbs. I only shoot mine at the range or when hunting bigger game. Coyotegod is correct about there not being a Heavy Liner for it and yes you only get 100 rounds in JSB or FX tins and 125 in NSA slugs. 
The M3 is not hard to tune the .35 at all. Once you find the speed you want it's on to groups just like all the other rifles you tune. Now this is the M3 so I can't speak on the M2 in .35. I have posted fps on another post and there is a thread on tunes for the M3. The 81gr JSB's are flying at 930fps and the 93gr NSA slugs are at 880fps.

I know that FX is SUPPOSED to be introducing a 500, 600 and 700mm barrel kit for the .35. Ernest Rowe was doing some testing with those barrels some months back and they are up on the AGD website but of course, not in stock!!!

I am one of the guys that would like to move from 30 to 35, but want to do slugs for the longer coyote shots. Both Nielson and Varmint Knickers have given really good reviews of their slugs from the TJ barrel such as out of the JSAR Raptor 35. But good luck getting one and good luck with support once you have one. That place is, very unfortunately, a mess to put it lightly. Bummer too, would love to get one from my home state of Oregon.

https://youtu.be/Qs4Cj8a
just found this from UpNorthAirgunner and his competition.35. This is an M2 and almost a year ago I believe. He had the FX hybrids in .35 back then but from what I can tell they still haven't made it to market yet.

I do hope they come out with a heavy liner for it though as I would like to see the difference with the NSA slugs.

I looked at JSAR but after zero contact when I sent emails I stopped trying.

I have 2 35 cal Impact. I first built one with the barrel kit. Accuracy at 100 yards wasn't what i was looking for. POI would constantly change. I even modded the barrel with a cf liner and that didn't help. At 50 yards with pellets it shot good, but past that I didn't trust it. I then bought a new .35 Impact. This gun made more power at a lower reg setting than my M2 that I installed the power kit on. Same problems with this gun. If you want to shoot pellets shoot them at about 860 for the best results. I just think the long barrels in the .35 have too much whip to them. I have now converted the 35 Impact to a 30 cal heavy liner. It is shooting the 54 gr Neilson slugs at 950fps and shoots them awesome. 

I have 2 35 cal Impact. I first built one with the barrel kit. Accuracy at 100 yards wasn't what i was looking for. POI would constantly change. I even modded the barrel with a cf liner and that didn't help. At 50 yards with pellets it shot good, but past that I didn't trust it. I then bought a new .35 Impact. This gun made more power at a lower reg setting than my M2 that I installed the power kit on. Same problems with this gun. If you want to shoot pellets shoot them at about 860 for the best results. I just think the long barrels in the .35 have too much whip to them. I have now converted the 35 Impact to a 30 cal heavy liner. It is shooting the 54 gr Neilson slugs at 950fps and shoots them awesome.

Did you try the barrel tensioner or one of the 3d printed wedges? I purchased the tensioner from Ernest Rowe and it definitely took the whip out the barrel. I also purchased the wedge and there is zero movement from the barrel at this point. 
We have had so much rain over here that I haven't gone back to the range after I got the .35 sighted in. Once we get a sunny day I will be headed back to the range as I put another new scope on the .35 and I have a number of different gr slugs to try out as well and I just received 5 tins of JSB pellets. Will post the groups once I'm done regardless of if great, good or crap...

I have tried a few different ways to stiffen the barrel. They helped a little with accuracy, but not where I wanted it to be. I even made a new barrel sleeve by cutting off the ends of the factory one and using jb weld to fasten a cf sleeve to the barrel and attach the ends. Then I went over it with a cf tube that is the same size as the shroud. It still didn't help much. The only other thing I could think of doing was get a 35 cal barrel from TJ barrels and have it turned down. My idea was to machine out the tranferports and everything out of the barrel and have it a tight fit thru the barrel supports. It would add a lot of weight to the gun but it would be interesting to see how it helps. Using the cf liners really helped my 30 cal Impact that is putting out over 100fpe. I thought it would help with the 35 but it didn't. 

Went to the range today and 100yards on target was terrible. Spray1mark said to slow it down so I will try that next. I had the JSB pellets going 925fps and it was just too fast. At 35 to 50 yards it was really good at higher fps. Headed back to the range this weekend to try with slower speeds but if I was hunting I wouldn't shoot beyond 50yards with the current setup. Speed is not always your friend...

Everything for the 35 is hard to find out and or get. Nothing is available. The slugs were due out in March and yet here we are in late July with nothing yet. Is what it is in my book. I'm working on aome.testing for it now. So far easy to tune in my experience and it's pretty accurate with pellets 100yds to 125 yds. I'll post when it's complete. Issue is the tins of pellets are 100ct and you can go through then rather quickly.