Tuning Fx impact .30cal transfer port question

Hi y'all

My buddy has a few(understatement of the year) larger caliber FX airguns, Impacts and mavericks. After hearing all about the larger calibers being awesome, I decided I would order a few parts from FX USA, and a .30cal liner from Utah air to turn my .25cal into a .30cal. Also met a few nice fellas on the forum and was able to trade for pellets and a moderator all in .30cal. I’m thinking “everything is coming up Milhouse!” …..until I went to assemble everything tonight….

I noticed the gap between the brass transfer port and stainless steel barrel attachment was much wider than on my other barrels. Then I noticed the transfer port was not a dual hole pellet and slug side like my other barrels. Is this a feature only found on the .22cal and .25cal or did I get the incorrect part? I triple checked the diagrams and part numbers. Everything matches up. It is part #19671 brass inlet. I’m nervous about the barrel attachment also. Anyone else notice, experience, or see anything like this?

Please see the photos

F80A5FE6-214B-494B-96CE-66DBE904230E.1650340982.jpeg
7F83BAB0-5B1E-40FE-899B-A872C73D0A08.1650340984.jpeg
A566CFB9-2F99-40A5-9F33-24DCB89E171D.1650340985.jpeg

For reference this is what the .25cal barrel inlet assembly looks like with the dual hole/sided transfer port. 

77ED64B0-8B94-4B76-AD67-11DD114CA409.1650341059.jpeg

The 30 caliber barrel comes from FX with only the large single hole for a port. It is already a huge hole and does not need to be bigger for the caliber.

The barrel inlet on my .30 barrel is somewhat tighter to the barrel housing than yours but still has a bit of space. 

One of my other barrel inlets has close to the same space between it and the housing as yours. It shoots fine so I never worried about it.

You can look inside and see if the transition into the liner is tight. If it is you should not have a problem.

If there is a gap in the transition to the liner you can remove the o-rings, including the inner one, heat the barrel housing up, at the threads, and then tighten the inlet up until there is no gap inside.

A 6mm Allen fits in the .30 transfer port hole nicely and can help you tighten things up if needed.

Hi y'all

My buddy has a few(understatement of the year) larger caliber FX airguns, Impacts and mavericks. After hearing all about the larger calibers being awesome, I decided I would order a few parts from FX USA, and a .30cal liner from Utah air to turn my .25cal into a .30cal. Also met a few nice fellas on the forum and was able to trade for pellets and a moderator all in .30cal. I’m thinking “everything is coming up Milhouse!” …..until I went to assemble everything tonight….

I noticed the gap between the brass transfer port and stainless steel barrel attachment was much wider than on my other barrels. Then I noticed the transfer port was not a dual hole pellet and slug side like my other barrels. Is this a feature only found on the .22cal and .25cal or did I get the incorrect part? I triple checked the diagrams and part numbers. Everything matches up. It is part #19671 brass inlet. I’m nervous about the barrel attachment also. Anyone else notice, experience, or see anything like this?

Please see the photos

For reference this is what the .25cal barrel inlet assembly looks like with the dual hole/sided transfer port. 

I'm with Biohazardman.

I purchased a 30 caliber brass Dual Transfer Port FX Barrel (Ernest Rowe) from 910 AGRT Customs. Mine arrived same as yours and the fit is exactly as you've depicted in your photos. I, too, was concerned about that gap between the brass and silver portions where they connect.

I sent off an email to 910...and Newman replied that the fit was fine and I should experience no problems, as "Ernest designed it that way intentionally". In the time between sending my email to 910 and getting a response, I purchased another "High Flow V2 Dual Hole Transfer Port" from Huma-air, the one depicted in the photo that follows:

als 30 TP.1650348333.JPG

There is only the dual holes on one side -- no separate opening for pellets. I have not mounted this Huma TP, because I accepted Newman's explanation and went with the first TP, the one from 910.

Suffice it to say, I was quite pleased when my .30 caliber Impact produced 3 sub-moa groups using Zan 54 grain slugs at 100 yards. This was on last Thursday, when I had to contend with variable winds with gusts. Because of the crazy winds, I only shot 5 groups at 100 yards.

I think you should be fine with your barrel as it appears now. Give it try.

Hey thank you for the response guys!!!

I can see it bottoms out when I thread it together so I was really surprised by the gap

I assumed (you know what they say about that) it would have the double ports. Between that and the gap I was worried something was wrong. I can clearly see that it bottoms out 
If Newman says that’s how they fit than that’s how they fit. Guy knows his stuff! 
If you guys say they shoot well I’m putting this puppy together and giving this pea shooter a try tomorrow.

While this barrel is going to be a pellet barrel I was thinking I would used the slug side as it has the bridge to help guide the pellet into the breech without catching on the hole. Might pickup an E.Rowe port from Newman in the future.