• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact .30 (Superior liner) optimal speed

Hi All,

Been doing some research tonight and date points seem to be all over the map for the .30 44.75 in a FX Impact.

My setup is:

FX Impact MK2 .30 with power plenum and 700mm barrel and superior liner.

I have heard some guys like and see best accuracy 830-850 other folks 880 and others at 900+ some in the 950's.....

I have seen great results with the lower range (840-850) and at 880 to 900.....

Would like to see what you all are running at accurately (knowing each gun will behave differently) what has worked well and what has not worked....

Thanks All!!

Dr. Mike 

I have the same set up and shooting the same pellet... So yesterday was the first time shooting .30 through my MK2 and my goal velocity was around 875-ish as I wanted to push the 44.75-ers a little quicker at first to see what kind of groupings I’d get then either slow it down or try speeding it up. With the reg set at 150, power wheel at Max with the power wheel adjustment screw in till Ernest suggests (little slack left), and the valve stop knob around the 3rd line I was able to achieve 868-878fps. I was shooting the EBR 9.5 lockdown virtual match so my first groups I zero’d were at 75 yards. I was able to shoot around a 1”-1.25” (10 shot group) at 75 yards so I shot my 75 yard card then next was 100 yards. I left all the adjustments the same but I wished I took the time to play around with them a little as the spread went to 2”-2.5” group (10 shots) with 5 shots within an inch and the 5 others going around, but....no “fliers”. I remembered later Ted B mentioning the 44gn-ers typically like 850-860ish but I already shot the 100yd card and we went to shooting power burners. I would start around the 850fps range then work up little by little to see where the sweet spot is. 

Thanks Inkedshooter,

Yeah I have a couple Impacts and have probably owned 10 over the past couple years (along with Crowns and every generation Wildcat, Bobcat, Boss, Dreamline,Royal etc.)..... Just curious what other guys see as the sweet spot for their gun. FX seems to be less consistent across a platform than other manufacturers....With my DayState guns I know just what they like to shoot at what speed but FX seems to be a bit more individualized.

Mine is very happy at 840 and 880 (not so much between 860 and 880 though). I heard Matt Dubber mention guys having great results with the 44 grain at 950 plus so was curious if anyone else has seen good results at those speeds...

Thanks brawler,

I am not a slug guy at all but I am always amazed at how fast those things fly and the accuracy they retain!! 

I've transitioned over to slugs on my .30 Impact. It's a Gen1 w/ MKii upgrades, though no PP yet. 700mm slug barrel and a 580cc bottle. Neil Clague LDC. I'm still playing with the slug though and range from 49gr to 65gr, fav seems to be the 61gr at just shy of 900fps. I'd like to get the 65gr in the 950s for about 110fpe, so I'm on the 'list' to get the PP w/ FX.

At 75yds it's dead nutz accurate, easily under a 1" group if I do my part. Spreads out a bit at 100yds, but can easily do a headshot on a squirrel if I'm shooting good.

I'm very impressed with this 'pellet gun' and it's my favorite in the arsenal. 

Impact w LDC.1604326788.jpg

Hey Mike. 
My Impact tuned by Ken was right around the 880-890 mark and was probably the most accurate rifle I’ve owned. It was the STX barrel.

Hard to word this, and this does not mean for every rifle out there... From what I have seen here, that style pellet (according to most sources) does best around that same 880 mark. It goes for people using completely different rifles as well. I have seen that stated by many of the good tuners on here and other site and videos. I have seen that pellet at that speed mentioned across rifles many more times than I’ve seen any other speed. 

Thanks guys for all the responses...

I saw that video gmohr.....That is one of the reasons I was asking....

I have not had good luck at that speed with mine (about 900 is as high as I can go before accuracy falls apart)...I saw a Matt Dubber video and he mentioned guys having great results up to 970 or so which blew my mind!!

Seems it really is gun and barrel dependant....

Well guys I did some shooting today solely with the Impact and...

850 is dead nuts accurate hole in hole at 40....860-890 is fair...Maybe 3/8-1/2 at 40 then 900-925 is back to hole in hole.

I didn't go any higher since I never see a need to shoot hotter than 925 in .30 and was at 100 bar reg pressure and hammer spring was a LONG way from being maxed out....Valve was at 3.5 lines.