• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact .30 regulator setting issue

Well, deuce; the reg gauge shows 150 bar. I want to run a complete shot string to get a better idea of what's going on. My tank is reading below 250 bar, yet it is having no problem filling my bottle to its 250 bar mark. It just keeps getting curiouser and curiouser! Also, my Chrony may be off too! Who the heck knows?! I ran my first string right after I got my Impact. I want to see how it settled-out now that I've shot a whole tin through it. I'll keep you posted! I guess the bottom line is if the bunnies drop at 100 yards, I'm good to go, right?

Lol. Definitely! All that matters is you are happy with it.

Your bottle gauge is probably off. I just got a replacement gauge from AOA. My old gauge was 50 BAR off. I saw why when I emptied the gun today. This is a pic of the bottle gauge when the gun was empty. 
New gauge is much better. 

I'm gonna replace them with Wika gauges which are much more accurate. 

As promised, here are the results of a complete shot string for my new FX Impact .30 (after one tin). Overall, I am extremely pleased :)! All readings are from the factory gauges with no tweaking. I used a Master Chrony. My reg is set at 150 bar. I shot 44.75 gr JSB Diabolo Domeds. I started with a bottle pressure of 250 bar and shot down until the reg pressure started to drop. I got 37 regulated shots with an average of 877.8 fps (76.55 ft-lbf). The reg pressure started to drop after the 40th shot (@ 864.6 fps) when the bottle pressure read 155 bar. The SD and spread was a little high at 3.74 and 14.5 fps, respectively. But, there was one outlier at 869.9 fps which skewed the result somewhat. So, for all intents and purposes, the performance is as advertised; and the gauges are accurate, given that they are analog and are graduated in 50 bar increments.

Wow, that's ridiculous, deuce! Fifty bar out of calibration is inexcusable. See the results of my recent shot string, which I just posted. My bottle gauge and reg gauge are only five bar apart, with the bottle five bar above the reg; which makes perfect sense because the reg pressure doesn't start to drop until the bottle reads 150 bar. So, for all intents and purposes; the gauges are synchronized, given that they are analog and graduated in 50 bar increments. Also, the rest of the tested metrics (fps, ft-lbf, shot count, etc.) are as advertised. I guess I got one of the good ones! Thanks for commiseratin' with me, deuce!