FX Impact .30 cal FPS

Not sure why you are power hungry. Lol. Might want to go powder burner if power is your thing.

A 30 cal is standard for 80 ft lb. You already over 130 ft lb. You trying to push a caliber past whats its not capable of. Might want to switch to 35 cal if you want to push past 150 ft lb. Even 150 ft lb is a lot for a 35 cal, let alone someone trying reach it with a 30 cal.

Thanks for the feedback. Even at my current settings it shoots like a dream. It doesn't feel like its being pushed to the limit yet. Hitting 1in groups at 250 yards. I should be happy but like to tinker and that is my problem. Like to have just a little flatter shot, and yes powder burner has the power but the cost of ammo and how loud they are, creates the problem for me. Has anyone been able to achieve higher with an Impact?

Reactions: monstr2

Thanks for the feedback. Even at my current settings it shoots like a dream. It doesn't feel like its being pushed to the limit yet. Hitting 1in groups at 250 yards. I should be happy but like to tinker and that is my problem. Like to have just a little flatter shot, and yes powder burner has the power but the cost of ammo and how loud they are, creates the problem for me. Has anyone been able to achieve higher with an Impact?

This is Very impressive indeed. Please share in more detail your current modifications and tune along with chrono data and photos of these groups as there are many here that would be intrigued to learn your methods to achieve this kind of accuracy @250 yards. Understanding what you have done to achieve this level of accuracy at this distance there will be many who will be able to share the necessary modifications to have a safe and more powerful Impact mk2 at the FPE you desire.

With bated breath,

Patrick

Reactions: monstr2
I will upload some videos, my current stats:

impact MK2 700mm

Modified valve 

power kit and power plenum

external plenum 

hammer spring

hammer weight

carbon fiber liner

carbon fiber tensioner

modified pellet probe

Donny emperor

slug liner heavy

barrel stabilizer

modified magazine

Reg set about 175 to 180 shooting 950fps with valve at line 3 with power wheel on max. Using an element titan. I usually have the power setting set on 5, seems to be the sweet spot which does drop down fps to 935- 940.

(Hande) - Lol and yes 5 shot group sorry that it is not a real group. Since I have done no competitions its more for my interest of seeing what I can make it do. More for just tinkering and target shooting and hunting. I took down a coyote at 175 yards in one shot, drooped him like a rock. For all of the animal lovers that coyote ate most of our chickens and 3 of our barn cats. He also tried to get my small dog so he had to go.

Soon as it warms up a little outside I will post some pics and videos 

Thanks

Chris

Some people will always criticize such an effort because "their approach" is better. You state "at my current settings it shoots like a dream". What else matters FOR YOU?. Certainly there may be a point where a higher reg pressure might cause mechanical failures but as long as you stay below such a point (and exactly where is that point?) you should be good to go.

Hitting 1in groups at 250 yards.

Are you talking about between 1-5 shots "groups" (only in US), or real groups, which are 10, or more, shots with an airgun? I would like to see a video of that...

"Real groups". As opposed to those digitally generated, "Matrix" style 5 shot groups. This is simply another of example of "you have to do it this way to be valid".

Yes I agree I should be happy with what I have. The only thing I really would like to improve is having a flatter shot. Like to have 200 yards on a full rotation of the turret. Lol "matrix" style 5 shot group. I need to look into that. I will start doing 10 shot groups for the unbelievers, its just more work and more time that no one has lol. This relates back to my original question.. Does anyone know at what point there will be mechanical failure ? Like to push it up but that is an expensive trial.

(Hande) - Lol and yes 5 shot group sorry that it is not a real group. Since I have done no competitions its more for my interest of seeing what I can make it do.

You are missing the point. Good 3-5 shots can be (and many times is, with airguns) just a sheer luck. It's many times harder to get a good 10 shots group than a 5 shots "group". You don't have to be a competition shooter to check how consistent you and your gun really are. Only 10 shots groups (or more) will tell you that.

Not sure why these two kids fighting over whats for dinner but ted said many years ago, 10 shot is the standard because sometime you can get lucky with 5 good shots and people where bragging how good their rifle shoot but if they had taken 10 shots it would of open that group up. So yeah 10 shots and nuff said. 

Skip to 3:35

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RyybmryvRhs

Whether any individual believes 5 shot groups are "adequate" or whether 10 shot groups are "necessary" for them or not is simply one opinion vs another opinion . As you fire more shots, there is certainly the chance of some MECHANICAL (the inherent gun/pellet accuracy) deviation to show up. But as you fire more shots there is certainly the chance of some HUMAN (shooter error) deviation to show up as well. WHICH ONE would be causing any observed increase in group size? 5 is enough for me. MIght not be for some others. All relative.

Not sure why these two kids fighting over whats for dinner but ted said many years ago, 10 shot is the standard because sometime you can get lucky with 5 good shots and people where bragging how good their rifle shoot but if they had taken 10 shots it would of open that group up. So yeah 10 shots and nuff said. 

Skip to 3:35

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RyybmryvRhs

"Nuff said"? Not hardly. Certainly you believe so, so you should shoot that way. I don't believe so and won't always do so. The OP can choose either path. But I guess since "Ted" STATED HIS OPINION there should be no further mention of it. Yeah, right.

And by the way, I generally like Ted's stuff quite a bit.