• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact .30 cal barrel choked?

I tried Googling found nothing useful.

I tried gently nudging a JSB Exact Diabolo 50.15gr .30 cal pellet down the barrel from breech to muzzle and was surprised that it was such a snug fit. However, as the pallet approached the muzzle, resistance greatly increased to a considerable amount of force to get the pellet through. I triple checked my barrel for irregularities before and after and it's flawless.

I thought they weren't choked?

I've not yet tried measuring the barrel with calipers since I don't want to remove my transfer port or the front threaded end cap.

I did measure the pellet cross section diameter at multiple points before and after nudging it down the barrel.

Before: The diameter measured at .307 to .308.

After: The diameter measured at .299 to .300.

So whether it's tapered at one end or not, my barrel took 8 thousands off the diameter. 

Are JSB .30 Cal too big or is this normal?

Thanks

That’s normal, I’ve done it with the 44grains to check the marks on the pellet.

but as u say, till the end u have to put a serious amount of force.

do u shoot only the 50grainers?

Actually, I've not used my .30 barrel yet. I only got the Impact a few weeks ago w/ the .22 barrel and I'm still enjoying that. I came from a .22 springer so switching to a PCP has been a pretty awesome upgrade by itself. Mostly backyard plinking -- keeping myself entertained during the pandemic.