• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

FX IMPACT = $2700 PIECE JUNK?

I've been plagued by air leaks and crappy service and parts since i bought my impact, its been serviced under warrenty by AOA twice. the second time returning with a differant air leak location. and recently sent it to north Carolina only for it to return performing in worst condition then when i sent it, ie/ slower FPS. took it out yesterday and when i refilled it sure enough its pissing air around the trigger once again. so what should i do? try and sell it? or is there anybody who really knows what they are doing and that will STAND BEHIND THERE WORK?

Wow, seems unusual, there are many here that swear by, not at, FX Impact. Did you call them to explain what the issue was? I couldn't sell it to someone without fixing it first, that's just not ethical unless you have a disclaimer stating there is a leak.

I would think that FX would/should make it right, they have a lot riding on their product being reliable, so I would try one more time explaining the previous issues and how they have not been fixed yet.

i dont mind buying the impact but not at $2700 thats for sure. some of these leaks needs to be addressed and tested before Aoa sent it back to you. i am also willing to work on it...just a note of advice. there is a crap load of orings in the Impact system and its a pia to work on. especially if its leaking from trigger area, thats where the regulator is. eiyher that or we can do a trade with my fx revolution semi auto! 

Wow, seems unusual, there are many here that swear by, not at, FX Impact. Did you call them to explain what the issue was? I couldn't sell it to someone without fixing it first, that's just not ethical unless you have a disclaimer stating there is a leak.

I would think that FX would/should make it right, they have a lot riding on their product being reliable, so I would try one more time explaining the previous issues and how they have not been fixed yet.

believe me when it was working good, (about the first 6 months) it would outshoot my 22mag @100yrds. and i've had 100yrd groupings that would have givin teds holdover a run. and yes everytime i sent it to AoA i talked with someone on the phone before i sent it, and attached a written note with the problems. after the second time i figured i would try someone differant and was referred to the new North Carolina location

i dont mind buying the impact but not at $2700 thats for sure. some of these leaks needs to be addressed and tested before Aoa sent it back to you. i am also willing to work on it...just a note of advice. there is a crap load of orings in the Impact system and its a pia to work on. especially if its leaking from trigger area, thats where the regulator is. eiyher that or we can do a trade with my fx revolution semi auto!

$2700 is the amount of FX extras i bought for it when i purchased the gun, 2nd barrel +probe. Mags,No limit rings. 

there is a video on youtube about how to service leaks in the impact especially at the trigger area. get yourself some orings and work on it on a day off. i am sure it will take the whole day if you go slow and careful. but you would fix the leak. about the slow speed, you can adjust the regulator and valve travel among hammer spring tensions and such to get it back up. or send it my way and id fix it for you for a low fee. now, per fx and aoa instructions. i wouldnt mess with it since they said it would void warranty! eeh imho, what good is the warranty if they cant fix it?frustration id say.