FX IMPACT 25

Good afternoon,
About a month ago I put my down payment on a FX Impact 25. It is on back order till November. I am reading a lot of negative reviews on this site for this gun. Does anybody know if FX has addressed the issues at the Factory and are they implementing change to put out better guns. Does anybody have any good feedback on this gun besides Ted on his youtube and Facebook??

Regards,

Ryan Bowman

SB, first yes FX has continued making the gun better due to things reported from this site as well as from personal emails sent to Fredrik himself. Second there are numerous people whom have reported nothing but good things from the Impact on this forum, TAG, and on FB. The only difference is the people whom have had problems are WAY more vocal than the people whom are just out there shooting. Michael and Matt are two of the more well known Airgun enthusiatic that have Impacts and that love what they have. Lastly I will one day own one, I just have not ordered or have one at this time. Due to the long wait time and that i just recently picked up a new Vulcan Tactic within the last 6-8 months. I will get one next year sometime, just love the look of it.

I got my FX impact about 3 weeks ago. Mine unfortunately had a tight berral it wouldn't come out of the gun. When it did it had burrs and was scratched. The gun also had the occasional miss fire. I would cock one in and shoot and the gun would click and nothing happened. Then every shot the pellets were swirling out of control. On the front of my cocking block idk what you call it there was a rubber bumper missing.

After all these issues I called AOA I sent the gun back and everything was fixed under Warranty my gun is out for delivery today. I'm on vacation right now I won't be able to check her out until I get back in 12 days. I will let everyone know how things go when I get home. I was very disappointed but being that everything is fixed under warranty it should be shooting perfect. Since my gun had just about every issue possible beside leaks it should be perfect now. The looks are amazing but to actually pick it up and feel it is just totally unbelievable! This gun is gonna be so fun! Mine is a .25 and it's my first .25. I own a Vulcan. 22 and compared to my vulcan it blows it out the park in the quality and feel. Accuracy I can't say yet.

"Ginuwine1969"SB, first yes FX has continued making the gun better due to things reported from this site as well as from personal emails sent to Fredrik himself. Second there are numerous people whom have reported nothing but good things from the Impact on this forum, TAG, and on FB. The only difference is the people whom have had problems are WAY more vocal than the people whom are just out there shooting. Michael and Matt are two of the more well known Airgun enthusiatic that have Impacts and that love what they have. Lastly I will one day own one, I just have not ordered or have one at this time. Due to the long wait time and that i just recently picked up a new Vulcan Tactic within the last 6-8 months. I will get one next year sometime, just love the look of it.
I'm not sure but I think to remember to read the Impacts that they have got were sorted for the extreme benchrest of arizona?
Correct me if i'm wrong

Ted's was, I don't know about Michaels, I do know Matt just got his 3 months ago or less. Plus there are quiet a few new post both here and TAG and FB that all have good and bad comments. It is an expensive gun, poop most of the gun are expensive depending whom you are, and most of them have both positive and negative post. So in my mind the Impact is no different, the only thing that I can see that made it a game changer.....LOL.....was the fact that it is the first highly tunable gun from the outside on the market and it sports a AR type of look. Now some of the WAR guns also have that AR type of look and a lot of people like it.

Ginuwine1969,

Do you have an Impact?

I'd suggest taking a look at my frank review of the Impact in the classified section.

Yes, it is user tunable. I give you that. Just don't tune it the wrong way or forget that warranty :) 

Yes, it has an AR look. I wish they would have taken the specs more from some of the higher end AR guns. It would be much more user friendly from a scope and stock interface perspective.

Sharroff, No i don't own an Impact, I believed I mentioned that, and I did read your frank review, very well written. With all that said you are 1 out of 1000 reviews out there all having there own opinions on the gun some positive and some not so positive. Is there a QC issue, more than likely but since none of us are there its hard to say a positive yes or no, are there improvements that should be made of course but that goes for just about every airgun out there. At the end of the day, as you mentioned that the Impact was not for you. I like the looks and the positive reviews out weigh the negative so for me, i'm going to pick one up sometime in the future. Supply and demand is still crazy out of balance for a gun thats been shipping over 6 months now.

The Impact was on my list, but once I found out it was going to come with swappable barrels and a sliding shroud I realized the core concept was awesome, but the final product details was not for me. I got the WildCat and after some initial unexplained POI shifts which went away it has been the dream gun. Quality of contsruction, accuracy and light weight is second to none. I had a lot of reservations given the issues FX was having at the time I ordered, but got the latest shipment and it was golden.

"Scott_MCT"The Impact was on my list, but once I found out it was going to come with swappable barrels and a sliding shroud I realized the core concept was awesome, but the final product details was not for me. I got the WildCat and after some initial unexplained POI shifts which went away it has been the dream gun. Quality of contsruction, accuracy and light weight is second to none. I had a lot of reservations given the issues FX was having at the time I ordered, but got the latest shipment and it was golden.
I'm pretty sure at this point that the phantom POI shifs are due to a less than truly anchored barrel/shroud configuration. As long as I baby mine it holds zero pretty well. I have learned to transport it in the vertical ... leaning on my reclined truck seat. Still, if it gets bumped ... re-zeroing is required.

I, like ginuwine, also believe that the people with problems are more vocal - and understandably so @ ~$2K spent! I myself am a happy Impact owner and recently posted that my silver .22 (which came out of the first batch shipped from AoA) only has the picatinny rail out spec issue - which doesn't bother me. The gun holds air, functions flawlessly (with all 4 magazines), and shoots accurately (out to 100 yds so far.)

Mreed,

I think happy is a relative thing. Most people are happy driving Ford Fusions and Chevy Malibu (at least based on the numbers I see on the highway). In the world of airguns, the Impact is not priced like a Malibu (a $750 Hatsan) , it is priced more like a Corvette. If you pay for a Corvette quality and features do you expect to get a Malibu?

Some question for you on your Impact:

1) Have you tried to put a quick disconnect bipod on the lower rail?
2) Have you put a 1/8 MOA scope on your Impact?
3) Have you tried low profile rings on your Impact?
4) Have you done a barrel swap on your Impact?
4a) After the barrel swap have you tried resighting with the same scope?
4b) After you go back to the original barrel did the scope setting for the initial sight in hold?
5) For #4 did your Impact come with the needed 1.5mm allen wrench? The last toilet paper and towel holder I got at Lowes for $100 came with the needed allen wrench. 
6) Have you shot your Impact over a chronograph to look at shot to shot variation and extreme spread?
7) Have you taken apart your shroud and inspected it yet?
8) Have you tried adjusting your trigger yet to make it like the 'match' trigger that was advertised?
9) Have you used your power wheel significantly and looked at wear or do you just shoot it at the same setting?

I paid for a Corvette. When I take it out for a run I expect Corvette performance, not Malibu performance. If one just drives 1 mile at 25mph though their neighborhood to the grocery store and 2 miles to church and back, Malibu's and Corvettes will feel pretty much the same. Infact the Malibu may ride better....

Snowboard223 - This is my thread on my Impact. I got mine from Frederik at EBR last year. It's one of the first ones to come off the production line. I know that there have been changes made in the production line to address issues that have popped up. But, I have not had any issues with mine. Well... I have had a small issue or two but they were all caused by me so, I can't honestly blame anyone else. Silly stuff like moving a setscrew and not re-applying lock-tite. 
I am a believer in preventative maintenance. So, I recently sent my Impact in to AoA to get the upgrades done and have them take an overall look at it. Essentially, they'll be taking the rifle apart, replacing o-rings and maybe some other misc parts, replacing the top rail to a mil-spec version, clean, lube, assemble, test shoot, leak test, and then send it back to me. I think it's arriving back to me today or tomorrow. I'm excited to get shooting again and practicing for EBR. 
Tom

I am going to stick with the FX Impact and not switch. I too look at it like an exotic car. It will have more maintenance and care. Same is true with powder guns, glock you dont ever have to clean and it will work, but it will not shoot the groups that an HKK or Wilson Combat will. But you have to care for the precision guns. I am a long range Varmint hunter. I generally wont take shot under 50 yards. 

All the feed back has been appreciated.

Ryan

@Sharroff and @SNOWBOARD223,

Some question for you on your Impact:1) Have you tried to put a quick disconnect bipod on the lower rail? Yes
2) Have you put a 1/8 MOA scope on your Impact? Yes, 50yd min adjustment was too short (Nikon Monarch 3). Worked great for prairie dogs at about 70yds. I did go back to a Hawke SW for now.
3) Have you tried low profile rings on your Impact? Yes, too low for my comfortable check position
4) Have you done a barrel swap on your Impact?  No, I have yet to purchase another barrel. Plan on the .177 though.
4a) After the barrel swap have you tried resighting with the same scope? N/A based on #4 ^^
4b) After you go back to the original barrel did the scope setting for the initial sight in hold? ^^, barrel removal and re-installing same said barrel did not affect the POI. 
5) For #4 did your Impact come with the needed 1.5mm allen wrench? The last toilet paper and towel holder I got at Lowes for $100 came with the needed allen wrench. I have a ton of tools from when I raced MX and had one on hand. They can be a pain to find though and do think it should come with one! Great point!
6) Have you shot your Impact over a chronograph to look at shot to shot variation and extreme spread? I have and had very consistent results on many different days. 
7) Have you taken apart your shroud and inspected it yet? Yes, be sure to have spare o-rings available due to sharp edges.
8) Have you tried adjusting your trigger yet to make it like the ‘match’ trigger that was advertised? I have and will say that the trigger is not what I expected, but still a great trigger none the less. 
9) Have you used your power wheel significantly and looked at wear or do you just shoot it at the same setting? Yes and I put a very small amount of grease on the cam to prevent the grinding against the parts(seems to work great). Another great point though. There should be a better design to prevent the gouging when adjusting. Point to make on this as well; be very sure the gun is not cocked when adjusting the power wheel. There is too much tension on the wheel if the gun is cocked and will create the greater potential for unnecessary gouging. 

I am an impact owner and have been for about 4 months now. I can't remember the exact number of pellets I have through mine but I do know I am above 3300. I have had no issues with my impact to this point. Now, me being a happy owner, I have not been on the forum lashing out with my pride because I have been, like most have said, shooting my impact and having a blast to say the least.

I look at an airgun like a car as well. My take on it is not every car, corvette or malibu, will make everyone happy. Every person has their own qwerks and will not be happy about the curve of the windshield or the throw of the shifter etc. It simply depends on the persons wants compared to their expectations.

I guess I don't view the impact as a corvette. I view it more as the diesel pickup. The gun was designed to be a hunter and does it extremely well for me. It has the carry load of 16 rounds in my 25 as well as the mileage to put many rounds in .25 down range. If I miss with the impact, it is simply my fault.

Are there better guns out there for less, more than likely. I haven't found any that would seem to give me what the impact has. I don't do any EBR but have shot shotgun shells out to 100 with ease. I can't say that I am a shot like Ted, but the gun doesn't disappoint. If and when I get into longer range target shooting, I will purchase a gun much more fit to fill that void.

So, all-in-all, this gun fits me for what I want to do with my shooting. I am a hunter with my rifles and personally love the compactness with the extendable shroud. I would hate to have the FX Boss or a RAW 1000 while ducking through trees to shoot pests, doves, pigeons, or coon. Are they great guns, yes, from what I have read, but doesn't fit the "off road use" like I am after. 

I didn't intend to hijack the thread in any way. Sharroff has always been forthcoming in his posts and a great contributor to this forum. Unfortunately, for this airgun, the shoe just didn't fit. Best of luck selling the impact!

Reactions: plinker