• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Fx Impact .25 mystery speed

I got my gun back and unfortunately my chrony broke. Took it out to the range and it was really windy 15-20 mph winds. I could have gone home but I wanted some time alone. The regulator set at 145 bar with the valve on 3 and wheel on max but AOA told me the regulator gauge was a little off. After doing 7 groups with jsb 25g at 100 yards I was so surprised with the result groups listed lowest to highest 1.1, 1.2 ,1.4 ,1.5 ,1.9 ,2 ,2 inches. I also shot 10 rounds in one group and the result were 9 pellets with in 2'' with one pellet 1/2 out of the group. I lowered the power wheel down to the min power and did three groups and it was really surprising the groups opened up to 3'' . I guess pellet speed matters in windy conditions. I have a chrony shipped over night and I am getting it tomorrow. I am itching to find out what pellet speed are at max and min. I am still baffled how it managed to do those groups with those kind of winds. One or is the most accurate gun I shot at 100 yards. Imagine grouping with winds only 2-5 mph. P.S. I had a barrel swap because the first one was du-du.

I just did a chrony and here are the mystery speed. Wheel set at max with ten shot hi 910 low 896 av 902 es 14 sd 4. At power wheel 5 hi 908 lo 899 av 904 es 9 sd3. I noticed setting 5 has has a five 7 fps higher speed than the max setting. At min power hi 859 lo 851 av 855 es 8 sd 2. The slower pellet speed can't handle the 15-20 mph winds and just adding 50 fps more really bucks that wind. I am going to keep the power wheel at 5 since it has a tighter es. 

"kris"correct me if I am wrong

5% change in speed will have 5% i.e. NO perceivable effect on the windage
I think I hit the sweet spot for my gun giving me the best BC with 900 fps. I think 855 fps would do good but only without windy conditions. Every gun are different so I am not speaking for everybody their gun might like different speeds. The jsb king 25 likes faster speed but for my gun I would not go over 950 with my gun because there might be instability at longer range. For a cz barrel like the .25 cricket I shot mine up to 1050 at 100 yards and there was no instability. There's a video that was put up called edgun .22 vs .25 part two and I think you will find the answer to your question there. Go watch it I think you will find it interesting.