• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX IMPACT 25 CAL 1ST REVIEW

Good evening, 
On Friday afternoon I received my new impact in the mail. I called up my cousin and said I am coming to your ranch with the new gun. I left work 3 hours early loaded up and made my 3 hour Journey to the high desert of Central Oregon.

First off I am not going to get real technical. I am going to get to the point about what I like and or don't like about the gun. I put on my Hawke Sidewinder 6X32X50 and got it sighted in at 55 yards. Holy cow what a tack driver! Blown away by how accurate this gun is!! The pellets cycle effortlessly. The fun factor is off the charts with this gun. To say the least I was skeptical about the power wheel and how well it would work. I have had other guns that are supposedly adjustable. This is the real deal and it works great, dial it down or max it out.

On the 25 Cal it comes with a small screw on suppressor and it works fantastic. This gun is not loud. This is definitely back yard friendly in regard to noise. 

I have read on forums about how you will need to get use to its ergonomics when shooting from a standing position. Nothing could be further from the truth. This gun shoulders effortlessly and the air bottle is a very comfortable in the hand. It is very comfortable and I prefer it over the standard stock hold. I did not think I would say that!!

I am trying to truly find something I do not like on this gun. The only thing I can think of is it has too much adjustment for 95% of the end users. I have been shooting air rifles and powder actuated for about 35 years. I am not your average shooter, I have spent my life shooting and I am way above average when it comes to accuracy. I will probably never use the other adjustments on this gun. Just the power wheel. This gun is so dialed out of the box from the factory. I spent alot on this gun and my expectations were through the roof. So far it has exceeded them. I put about 200 pellets through it this weekend. On the farm there is no shortage of Verman (PESTS).

So for my first weekend of shooting with this gun. Absolutely no complaints. As I cycle more rounds through the gun and get more familiarized with it I will post an updated opinion. I shoot all the time and will do my best to put the gun through the ringer.

If you are on the edge about buying this gun don't be! If you are not experienced with air rifles DO NOT BUY THIS GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on the new gun, and thanks for the review. I will add that most people when they first get the impact (first 5-7 days) say the same thing. But by the end of the first month start complaining about thing (leaks, seals, things just not working right), i look forward in following you over the next month on you and your impact break in period with you. I haven't been shooting as long as you but are pretty comfortable with airgun and hand guns (and have 3 airgun now) and put my order in for an impact in 25 cal as well. I typically shot from 50-125 yards so i look forward to seeing some grouping out between 75-100 yards. Happy shooting.

I think it is worth noting that (to some extent) a lot of the external power adjustments are necessary for the caliber changes vs simply fine tuning. Regardless of your experience level with air guns, if you are going to switch from .177 to 30 cal, you are going to need to adjust the power settings and likely in more than one place. 

For basic fine tuning in a single caliber, most people would probably get by with just using the HST adjuster. In that respect, it doesn't need to be more complicated than any other air gun.

It's the people that can't help themselves messing with things they don't understand who should worry with a gun like that. Some of the threads I have seen on some forums about what people do to their guns make me cringe. You know the ones I mean, They start with things like: "I'm trying to teach myself how to use my new lathe with a project to bore out more space inside my air cylinder. How much metal can I remove before it becomes unsafe" or "I'm trying to turn my 22 Marauder into a 100 fpe gun". 

Great revew!! I got my Impact .25 yesterday. Mine too came with the screw on suppressor! I wonder if FX is going to do away with the sliding shroud?? Anyway quiet isn't the word. Silent is more like it. The first time I pulled the trigger, I thought that the gun miss fired...nothing, just a "click" but there was a hole in the target 30 yards away.Just a note ...be sure to check that the barrel is tight out of the box. Mine was loose, and remember to clean the barrel right away....the first patch came out black!

Thanks for the review. Since I'm still trying to decide all reviews help.

I think its interesting that someone gave minus accuracy for the OP's review? If you give a minus accuracy to a post "man up" and put your name on it? Almost everyone in their post thanked the OP for the review. Guys a shooter gets a new airgun that everyone has been hot over for months and they take the time to come here and post what they liked or didn't like? I'm not sure this is the place to be so critical?