• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX IMPACT 25 Air Guns of Arizona latest shipment is in 45 days early.

"timbphoto"I would put your name on a list. I am on 3 lists. One is supposed to be coming next week. Then if I get a call from another dealer I can buy it and sell to you. Where are you living?
I am in Westchester New York. 

Putting your name on the list in three places is definitely covering your bases. I admire your dedication and would be more than happy to be one of the beneficiaries if there is one going spare. I'm sure they would let you pass your spot onto a friend when the time came so you could avoid being the middle-man and laying out your own cash. 

I don't know how the warranty works with those things if you buy it used. Does it transfer to the new owner?

I would prefer black but like you, I'm not that bothered about the color. I would take a silver if that was all they had available. 

I have had my eye on an Impact for a while now. I've been going around in circles in my head about it. I know I want to add a new FX gun to my collection. The problem is that FX makes a number of models that I like. It was down to the Wildcat or Impact. It's definately not clear cut as they both have features I prefer. I think the Impact wins the race for me as the Wildcat is too similar to my other bullpups and I want to keep all of them for now.

I had the air gun equivalent of finding $20 in the pocket of some old jeans this week. I found out that I had some money in an old bank account that I had completely forgotten about. It is enough to buy a few nice air rifles and I figured that, since I had forgotten about this money, I won't miss it if it became an FX Impact. 

I was briefly thinking about a Priest but I got put off by that YouTube review. Plus a friend kept referring to it as the "poor man's Impact". 

"Ginuwine1969"Ok the FX IMPACT must be the most popular gun on the planet, because in the 3 years i've been reading forums and shooting airguns (looking for my next airgun) i've never seen or heard of 7-8 month waiting list continuously for a year after a gun was released. That or the slowest manufacturing process on the planet.
There are cheaper mass produced air rifles that have and still do sell in greater numbers. I have no actual data but my guess would be that demand for the FX Impact is a fair bit higher than most other air rifles in it's price range though. Guns like that aren't usually designed for high volume mass production. 

Even the well known air gun brands are relatively small companies. FX is a small privately owned business in Sweden that it selling a high end product all over the world. With a product as popular as the Impact made with subtractive metal working processes, it will take them a while to catch up with demand.

As as for being the "slowest manufacturing process on the planet"; it's not even close. I know of people who have been waiting over a year for their JBuntingMachine bullpup stocks. You regularly see delays with products that have a lot of high quality machine work - it's slooooow. Delays are also common with popular precision firearms. 

There are a number of air guns that would have similar or longer delays if they were a popular as the Impact. The other manufacturers have all failed to produce a bottle-fed bullpup while FX have realized that we all like lots of shots per fill. The alternative approach that prevents this with some other companies is to do limited production runs of certain high end models. You see that with manufacturers of super cars a lot.

My guess is that there will continue to be a waiting list until there is a credible alternative. 

I have to say any PCP air rifle will give you hunting accuracy. Now I have a FX impact but a BSA MK2 will make a close approximation and it costs what? 300 hundred dollars? If you want it it's there for you but if you need to do a job there are way more paths that you could take for you to accomplish it. . So the point is it's up to you. Can you figure out a source of high pressure air? If so than this sport gives a lot to you.

"ssunsera"I have to say any PCP air rifle will give you hunting accuracy. Now I have a FX impact but a BSA MK2 will make a close approximation and it costs what? 300 hundred dollars? If you want it it's there for you but if you need to do a job there are way more paths that you could take for you to accomplish it. . So the point is it's up to you. Can you figure out a source of high pressure air? If so than this sport gives a lot to you.
People don't buy expensive air guns because they couldn't achieve their goal for less. People don't buy a Ferrari because a Chrysler couldn't get them to work on time. They buy it because they take joy from the additional features and prestige. 

As it happens, the FX Impact has a number of unique features that you can't find in another air rifle right now. If you want a regulated bottle-fed, forward cocking bullpup with multiple external power adjustments, there are no other options yet. 

The BSA MK2 is definitely not $300 but if you have a source for that price, I'll take 10, no 20, in fact, make it 100. The BSA is a nice gun. I like them a lot but... by the time you have replaced the bottle with a CF one and bought a suitable bullpup kit, there isn't much of a saving over the Impact. 

Sometimes people end up spending more in the long run by trying to turn one gun into something it's not. With PCP guns, my experience has been that it is better to just buy what you want the first time instead of trying to make do with something cheaper. There is more to the experience than if the gun can kill the squirrel or not. 

That's a long way of saying that I will be buying an FX Impact and nobody can stop me! 

Reactions: fredfable and TJE
I got mine on Monday. It's black and came with the "Euro Silence," screw on not sliding. Don't see much else. It was not set up very well. Tons of slop in the Power Wheel at MAX and the regulator was set to 120 bar (if the gauge is accurate). I'm getting about AVE= 805 fps with JSB Heavies (.25). I took out the slop and set the regulator to 140 bar. I'll re-chrony tonight.

FYI: Check barrel tightness and thoroughly clean that barrel out of the box. ...but hey you know that ...I forgot out of excitement...D'OH!