• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact .25 Accuracy with Field Target Trophy 20.06gr

acw18

Dec 23, 2015
NJ
I need help getting good accuracy while shooting H&N Field Target Trophy 20.06gr (or something similar) from my .25 FX Impact (purchased in 2016). The gun shoots JSB 25.39gr's very well (1/2 inch benchrest groups @ 40 yards, power wheel on 5, stock regulator and valve control). By changing just the power wheel, I can't get the H&N's to do better than 1" groups with 2" flyers every four or five shots at the same distance. I'm inspecting pellets and not loading any that are deformed.

Can anyone suggest settings to improve the accuracy of the H&Ns? I'm shooting these lighter pellets to get more shots per fill without changing calibers. I'd like to be able to switch between the H&N's and JSB's without adjusting the the regulator.

Any help is deeply appreciated!

I'm no expert and i'm having some trouble with the spring settings and extreme spread with my Impact .25, but take a look at Matt Dubber's "getting the best out of your Impact" video, 

..... and his tuning harmonics video. I think that the secret to tuning is in the barrel harmonics...

Be sure to read the manual before messing with the adjust screw on the reg. I just posted a tip about this as well.

Hope you get a good tune!

KP