• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Impact .22 and .30 - Australia....

Hi Guys,

The FX Impact has finally hit Australia with me getting my hands on a Back with .22 and .30 barrel sets. There are a few differences with no shrouded barrel or moderator - due to our local rules. Also in New South Whales, I have to have each barrel set engraved with a serial number different to the main rifle body, so <SerialNumber>A and <SerialNumber>B had to be cut in. nothing too bad.

It's so great to use. Feels terrific and the power settings are really good to use.

Here's how I have mine set for the moment. Seeing .30 will need to most power, I set that first getting 855 fps with JSB 46.3 pellets. this is with the power wheel on MAX and the valve control knob a little past 2 1/2 ( 2 long and 2 short markings). I see that I can get this a little quicker with a power wheel mob, but this will do for the moment. If I wind the valve control out from here, there is no extra speed, just wasted gas, so left it at the max speed I can get with it as "closed" as possible.

From here I used the power wheel to get the .22 speed leaving the valve where it is.
MIN - 805 fps
1 - 829 fps
2 - 900 fps .....Perfect. (Power Wheel on 2 and Valve on 2 1/2)

It'll setting in over a few hundred shots and I'll re do the tests after that.

Thanks,

Trent

Reactions: plinker