FX Impact 22 700 shooting turtles

I am sorry for everyone I shot...was a kid, then I had a better idea and caught some and made pets out of them....then I got smart and brought them all back to the lake.

"Set Them Free".....many,many years ago...now no turtles,no frogs,no snakes,no nothing....at that lake....sad thing.

Maybe there is a mean turtle,like a big snapping turtle,or a Ninja turtle.....never seen one though.

I am sorry for everyone I shot...was a kid, then I had a better idea and caught some and made pets out of them....then I got smart and brought them all back to the lake.

"Set Them Free".....many,many years ago...now no turtles,no frogs,no snakes,no nothing....at that lake....sad thing.

Maybe there is a mean turtle,like a big snapping turtle,or a Ninja turtle.....never seen one though.

You could have a large male snapping turtle, they very rarely leave the water. At my old house we use to see the females in our yard when it was time to lay eggs, always has to keep or dogs and the young kids away from them. They are pretty darn aggressive and get big enough to do quite a bit of damage. Big bill was caught near my home town, he was somewhere between 145-160lbs. 

There will be differing opinions on shooting turtles ( or armadillos, snakes etc....) 

I remember when I was in the army (1/75th Rangers) , we practiced on targets on opportunities, and turtles at 600 + yards were particularly prized as targets to show our skills.

The optics in the '70's weren't the best and the M-14 wasn't the first long distance rifle you'd pick if you'd have a choice. Clearing a log of turtles at distance was considered fair play; turtles could skedaddle off of a log PDQ if one of their partners were hit- getting 4 or more meant you sent 4 or 5 rounds down the road fast enough to plug them all quickly.

Not proud of it today, we grow more mature and hopefully more compassionate as the years accumulate. We did eat some of the turtles, but most times, they were just paste.