FX hybrid slugs

Shooting out of my uragan compact. 22 great and hitting soda can 9/10. Only real down fall I have is their tight going to barrel. Would love a smaller diameter.
1581481041_20587673875e437c5158e3e3.19540135_20200211_165916.jpg

Hi AGN, new to the air gunning world. I am awaiting my FX dreamline and was wondering if the FX hybrid Slugs would work out of a pellet liner. From any info I have gathered of the last few months it sounds as if they will, but was checking to see if anyone has hands on experience to contradict. I did order a power plenum to make sure I can get my Fps, but did not order a slug barrel hoping I can save little money. Any of your knowledge would be appreciated thanks.

Hi AGN, new to the air gunning world. I am awaiting my FX dreamline and was wondering if the FX hybrid Slugs would work out of a pellet liner. From any info I have gathered of the last few months it sounds as if they will, but was checking to see if anyone has hands on experience to contradict. I did order a power plenum to make sure I can get my Fps, but did not order a slug barrel hoping I can save little money. Any of your knowledge would be appreciated thanks.

When you say work I guess you are talking about being accurate. FX says they found the Hybrids slugs to be more accurate in the pellet liner. Shooting the Hybrids in my FX Impact I did not find any difference in accuracy between the slug and pellet liner. I did find the velocity to be about 50 or more fps less in the pellet liner. Bill

Shooting out of my uragan compact. 22 great and hitting soda can 9/10. Only real down fall I have is their tight going to barrel. Would love a smaller diameter.
1581481041_20587673875e437c5158e3e3.19540135_20200211_165916.jpg

Ive found that slugs need a tight fit to be at their best in accuracy....no skirt to expand so to get a good gas seal it needs to fit pretty snug. Another reason velocity is usually about 100fps slower in the same grain as pellets....a lot of surface drag !

The hybrids with there very thin walls conform to the barrel and that's why they work so well in many types of barrel's even with tight chokes...

James from Michigan