FX Hybrid Slugs

Fedex dropped mine off about an hour ago.

Initial thoughts:

• Nice packaging
  • Very clean and uniform
  • Very tight-fitting in the breech of my Veteran Shorty
  • Just plain COOL

Unfortunately it was already dark here when they arrived... and starting to snow.

I rigged up a light and shot some anyway. 2 rows/ 20 slugs.

With my hammer spring maxed out they were doing 780 FPS.

I thought the shorty would be able to push them faster seeing how 18gr JSBs will do over 900.

Not enough light to see my reticle so I didn't bother taking pics of groups 😉

Tomorrow I will shoot some paper out to 75 yards and post the results.

Here are some pics in the mean time 💪

Matt

Mine are scheduled to be here Friday and will be testing in my Veteran long. The varmint knockers in 24 grain are doing 865 so I'm thinking these should be right around 900fps!

As far as for plinking that's not what any slug is designed for in my opinion. Some pesting but mostly designed for hunting and that's what I do.... eventually the price will have to come down as all these well known manufacturers get in to the game. But for now I'm not worried about price it's the performance of a lethal combination for hunting I'm after....this hobby is expensive if you want the best plain and simple!!! Guns and ammo alike so I really don't understand the complaints going on about price.

James from Michigan 

They do look good and are getting good initial reviews. Here’s what I suggest, especially for those that have been shooting other brands of slugs for a while, and not those who this is their first and only slug experience (since you have no basis for comparison). 

Lets allow a few weeks to go by so the new-ness wears off and they have shot more than a few. Then ask the question, are they better than the slugs you’ve been using, and show test data proving your statement, (positive or negative). I’m sure we’d all appreciate that vice just going on hype. 

Unfortunately it was already dark here when they arrived... and starting to snow.

I rigged up a light and shot some anyway. 2 rows/ 20 slugs.

With my hammer spring maxed out they were doing 780 FPS.

I thought the shorty would be able to push them faster seeing how 18gr JSBs will do over 900.

That drop in speed doesn't seem normal. I see about a 30 FPS difference in speed between JSB pellets compared with NSA slugs with my .30 caliber (shooting in a 68° range) due to more surface area friction with the slugs. Could the extreme drop off in speed be because of the drop in temperature now compared to when you got the 900 FPS readings? Things change a lot when I got out in 35° weather as far as point of impact goes, so I know my speed is down even though I haven't chronographed to verify the changes in the cold yet.

Then ask the question, are they better than the slugs you’ve been using, and show test data proving your statement, (positive or negative). I’m sure we’d all appreciate that vice just going on hype.

Mike. While I take everything out of sponsored shooter’s mouth with a rock of salt, I did loosely watch Matt’s video. He did say THESE WILL NOT REPLACE REGULAR SLUGS, BUT GIVE A GREAT ADDITION AND USE FOR SOME APPLICATIONS (Paraphrased) 

I bought a box just for the heck of it. Will see. 
*My situation doesn’t allow me right now to take advantage of slug guns, I can only shoot in my little suburban range. But, these seem to be worth checking out in a couple of my guns. Will update with Cricket Mini when able.

**Tried to tie in the video. No go. Watch his FX hybrid video from 3:27 to 8:45ish

https://youtu.be/Ejx30kQHVXo

Starts at 3:27 to about 8:45

Okay guys I just got done testing the new FX slugs out of my daystate Huntsman XL I know that is a low-power gun but I still had high hopes. My gun hated them I wouldn't even call it a group. My average for 10 shots was 586 ft per second. By the way my gun absolutely loves the jsb Hades and it shot them today at 889 feet per second which is 40 feet per second lower than my summer velocity. They chamber incredibly hard in my gun so I assume they're very tight and that's why the velocities are so low. By the way I was using labradar so I could do velocities all the way out to 50 yards and at 586 the ballistic coefficient is .062 out of my gun. By the way the group from the Hades was more than 1/2 inch but less than an inch at 50 yards and they are pretty devastating on Timber Tigers I can attest to that I put 75 down this year. It looks like the FX slugs feel the need for speed so hopefully you guys that can push them faster will have better luck than I did