FX hybrid slugs terminal performance

I did not see the explosive expansion I was expecting at the exit wound. In fact there was little difference from what I saw with the Brocock.

I washed the squirrel, and took pics of the impact and exit wounds.

IDK. You can't really depend too much on the "exit wound" size...squirrel skin is super elastic...hitting bone could cause a different expansion result. You'd have to do an autopsy to review what happened internally.

What was the sound signature of the Brocock (@680) vs FX (@950ish)? Should have been an audible difference, I'd think.

My thought is 1st expansion depends on the density of the target. Most of the tests I saw with FX expansion of the hybrid slugs were with clay. 50 - 200 yds, great expansion, 300 yards not so much. That test was an Impact 700mm barrel. Probably have to shoot a squirrel through both rear hind quarters to see much expansion.

I totally agree 👍

My testing of airgun ammo has been lower tech, shooting into 2-3" hardwood trees that were clear cut a couple of years ago at my target shooting area. That little test shows me whether they expand or just penetrate. I'll then shoot them into much softer rotting wood saturated with rain water that are being devoured by nature. I can usually recover most of those and see the terminal ballistics results.

The "good stuff" tends to impact with audible authority no matter what I'm shooting at 💥