Fx hybrid .25

I have a Taipan Vet Compact in 25 cal which i assume has a LW and I have thought about trying FX hybrids.

One of the things that has held me off trying them is a video TedHoldover said about length of barrels under 500 mm may not get the best results from hybrid slugs. Ted’s comments were for FX barrels though, not LW.

Though, my brain keeps wondering if the FX Hybrid slugs and if they will work in my Taipan Compact. Next Sunday I head to USA and might give the hybrids in the Taipan. But it will be in a couple of weeks, so my report back will be a bit.

You mentioned choosing them over pellets. The first choice you have to make is will it be safe to shoot them where you usually shoot pellets. A slug is a whole different animal. Second is do you shoot far enough or are the animals tough enough to warrant slugs. What I have found with slugs is sometimes when you finally get them to shoot out of a particular gun, you may not be happy with the velocity. Or you may not be happy with how hard you have to lean on your gun to get the velocities you want. The slug craze is eventually going to push wise airgunners away from the used market. A gun that the first owner tried all kinds of power mods then pounded on the valve trying to achieve slug nirvana only to give up and sell it for the next latest greatest is not a gun anyone should want.