• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Fx hybrid .22 grain slug tune

Firstly you don't need the slug port, BUT use a slug probe, not a pin probe. Something in the range of 120bar, you might go lower start some where and start measuring. You then start tuning. In the 900-930fps range seems to work with them.It really doesn't take much as it turns out. You may have to start turning down your Hammer, yeah counter intuitive but that 's how it flys, tiny as in micro adjustment to find the sweet spot. This is what I did on my Maverick .22 Compact. Oh and don't clean your barrel and do lube your slugs, I use a beeswax furniture polish. I'm getting 1 cork at 100 yards now. Oh FX slugs are made by Rocky Mountain Reloading out of Idaho. I do suggest giving them a good cleaning.

Reactions: Kamanthi-
Firstly you don't need the slug port, BUT use a slug probe, not a pin probe. Something in the range of 120bar, you might go lower start some where and start measuring. You then start tuning. In the 900-930fps range seems to work with them.It really doesn't take much as it turns out. You may have to start turning down your Hammer, yeah counter intuitive but that 's how it flys, tiny as in micro adjustment to find the sweet spot. This is what I did on my Maverick .22 Compact. Oh and don't clean your barrel and do lube your slugs, I use a beeswax furniture polish. I'm getting 1 cork at 100 yards now. Oh FX slugs are made by Rocky Mountain Reloading out of Idaho. I do suggest giving them a good cleaning.

Ok thanks Hog killer I have my 2nd reg set at 120 bar and I will tune it from there.I will try the Zane and nsa slugs as well to see how they perform and thanks again for answering my questions.
Stick with one slug to get a solid baseline, you want the speeds moderately close, but IMHO you'll never get them as good as pellets, they don't seal the same. If you have good digital calipers or micrometers measure the slug you need .217 or slightly larger. You'll have to fuss with the hammer the most, remember less can be more with slugs, you don't want air getting past the slug as it exits, there is a sweet spot there somewhere. Occasionally toss in 10 of your favorite pellets and see what the deviation is, if it's tight then you're probably good to go with the slugs.

Reactions: Kamanthi-
Stick with one slug to get a solid baseline, you want the speeds moderately close, but IMHO you'll never get them as good as pellets, they don't seal the same. If you have good digital calipers or micrometers measure the slug you need .217 or slightly larger. You'll have to fuss with the hammer the most, remember less can be more with slugs, you don't want air getting past the slug as it exits, there is a sweet spot there somewhere. Occasionally toss in 10 of your favorite pellets and see what the deviation is, if it's tight then you're probably good to go with the slugs.
Thanks mate

Thanks for that