• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Hybrid .22 cal / 22gr Accuracy?

I have a FX Impact MK II STX 600 mm Power Plenum .22 cal with no mods. I started my tune of my Impact to shoot them around 990 FPS and played around with the valve flow control knob and could not get them to group at 50 yards. The 5 shot groups were not acceptable for target or hunting. I could not achieve any consistency from 900 to 1000 FPS.

I have tried the Javelins .22 cal 23gr .217 and .218, no luck with those and the JSB Knockouts were also a let down.

Has anyone been able to shoot the FX Hybrids .22 cal accurately out of a 600 mm STX barrel? If so, can you share your tuning? Or do I need to change the liner out to the new Superior Liner?

Thanks in advance 

Here's my 2 cents- I don't have a Impact" but I have a first generation Crown. (600mm barrel) At first I had no luck with the Hybrid Slugs in .22 cal, I was shooting them out of a Slug liner and my groups were poor at 25 yards. I seen or read somewhere to go back to the STX barrel" and from that point my groups tightened up, in fact looked almost like pellet groups, the key was to keep the STX Barrel clean" anytime accuracy went off I'd pull a couple patches thru and accuracy would snap back on! My Crown is stock no mods" I don't got the newer amp REG, mine creeps a little it's set close to 140 and reads plus or minus sometimes. I also don't shoot the slugs fast" I'm shooting them at 890fps and they perform well. Good groups sighting in at 25yds, I put the Superior Liner in & I can't tell the difference between the STX or the Superior" I got the HS and TP on max. I don't have a true range to go to, so I can't say what a true 100yd group would look like but I can say I knock out birds at a 100yds all the time! (my advice is slow down 880-900fps, and really keep the barrel clean no matter which one you use- STX or Superior)