• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Fx hunting rifle

Wildcat 3 short vs fx crown 380mm vs fx impact mk2!!

Things to consider in opinion are; carrying long distance, maximum distance 85 for my typical hunting area, shot count not so important because technology has gotten guns great in that area, not a power hungry at all just shooting black birds and squirrels

Most importantly weight eith scope to carry 

I have a Crown with a 380mm barrel. It is short and handles like a dream. However the Wildcat MK III compact is absolutely tiny. Shot count will however be a lot lower due to the small tube versus a 480cc bottle. The Crown will also have more adjustability if that matters to you (both have an adjustable Hammer Spring, Hammer Spring pre-load, and regulator. The Crown also has an adjustable transfer port). Pretty much a toss up in my view, if you are looking at the synthetic stock Crown. The laminates are beautiful, but not work an extra $400 IMHO.

I have a Crown 380, and it's brilliant for about 75 yards. Past that I dont trust the .22 pellets not to drift in the wind. I'm currently throwing a 500mm shroud tube at it and 500mm superior liner. Will be tuning for light weight slugs to confidently shoot out a little bit further.

Wonderfully light, and very comfortable to carry long distances like this. I am using a little smaller scope than most use on this gun, and a hatsan 12 shot magazine to get my scope to bore axis low.

I'd go with the wildcat or the crown in 500mm .22 and tune for slugs like I'm doing, or get a larger caliber if it's needed.

As pictured. 8lb and 7 oz. 4-14x44 ffp scope

DSCF5471_edited.1603512146.jpg

With synthetic stock I can get the gun down to 7lbs with a 4x scope and moderator.

67895929_10157301570714034_442123392284360704_o.1603512716.jpg

My field gun had been a FX Dreampup which has been super accurate and the lightest rifle I have ever encountered. Sadly I had to return it to FX for warranty work which took nearly FIVE MONTHS to get it back and then the dealer returned it for another TWO MONTHS because it didn't work after the first repair! FX are great guns as long as they don't have issues but they have the worst customer service that I have ever had.

So I've left out some details from you guys! I have the current guns! Fx impact mk2 600mm .25cal loaded! Fx dreamline tac compact .25cal! 

I like both guns alot but really haven't decided yet on weather there the right fit for me. Dreamline trade off is the flimsy folding stock that has way to much wiggle in it! Tuned at 715-730 fps to matinee shot count. The impact is amazing but really heavy for long walks especially here in Tennessee and Arkansas where I hunt were there are mountains and hills! Also cant get my tune exactly right with all the added mods! My powerwheel doesn't increase and decrease fps like it should! Which really really ticks me off!! Because it came tuned?? And still didn't act right. Also the impact doesn't hold like the crown I've held before with the 600mm barrel but way to long!

I got rid of my edgun lelya 2.0 because it was to loud when you shot with the value slapping pellet! I got rid of my 2 uragan compact because there great only for those who have never shot a daystate or fx and know true performance and precision! Last statement was an opinion not a fact!! Sold my air arm s510 because it doenst have a great shot count but man it has the best trigger on the market!!! Kailbergun cricket carbine and bullpup because there way to heavy! So I love fx but I need to find the gun in there line of guns that fits me like a glove with no complaints!!
20201022_094110.1603552372.jpg
20201018_073309.1603552373.jpg

I can't offer a recommendation from these specific rifles, not an FX fan. But in general, I find a full length rifle easier to shoot than a BP. I understand the argument for the shorter weapon in thick woods, guess I don't hunt in woods that dense. I really appreciate my Veteran bullpup, but it is harder for me to shoot well than my longer rifles. Even when rested on the side of a tree (my normal position), it is harder for me to hold steady. When I refer to longer rifles, I am not referencing the super long HP rifles that are the current rage, standard power only.

So I've left out some details from you guys! I have the current guns! Fx impact mk2 600mm .25cal loaded! Fx dreamline tac compact .25cal! 

I like both guns alot but really haven't decided yet on weather there the right fit for me. Dreamline trade off is the flimsy folding stock that has way to much wiggle in it! Tuned at 715-730 fps to matinee shot count. The impact is amazing but really heavy for long walks especially here in Tennessee and Arkansas where I hunt were there are mountains and hills! Also cant get my tune exactly right with all the added mods! My powerwheel doesn't increase and decrease fps like it should! Which really really ticks me off!! Because it came tuned?? And still didn't act right. Also the impact doesn't hold like the crown I've held before with the 600mm barrel but way to long!

I got rid of my edgun lelya 2.0 because it was to loud when you shot with the value slapping pellet! I got rid of my 2 uragan compact because there great only for those who have never shot a daystate or fx and know true performance and precision! Last statement was an opinion not a fact!! Sold my air arm s510 because it doenst have a great shot count but man it has the best trigger on the market!!! Kailbergun cricket carbine and bullpup because there way to heavy! So I love fx but I need to find the gun in there line of guns that fits me like a glove with no complaints!!
20201022_094110.1603552372.jpg
20201018_073309.1603552373.jpg

Given the fact that you have the Impact, then I would go with the Crown. I have an Impact as well and I love it, but to me it doesn’t fit me as well as the Crown. The 380mm barrel is, as Long_Gun_Dallas says, not really great in .22 past 75 yards. However With a slightly longer barrel (500mm) it still handles well and delivers more power for longer shots. I have 2 Crowns, and recently converted the .22 Cal to a .25 using a 380mm Dreamline barrel. I get great accuracy at 50 yards (haven’t taken it out to 100 yet) and great power (782 FPS using JSB 33.95 pellets for 46 Ft Lbs). It’s just perfect for walking through the woods.

why not an avenger. they have identical accuracy to a fx impact up to 100 yards. Take the money you save get a really good scope and a compressor.i have 2 wildcats ,a bobcat with a slug barrel,my impact are gone ,i have seven various brands of guns that i have installed fx barrels and iners on.I have a krale puncher breaker with a 600 mm fx slug liner and a whole lot of other machine work to get it to shoot just like my over priced impacts that are now gone,It is about having a good barrel and a consitent puff of air to get a accurate gun,If you want a higher quality feel in a gun spend the 1300 to 2000 on big brand.you no longer have to spend alot of money to get an accurate gun and things are only going to get better.

one other thing about the avenger it has a match grade trigger. i see alot of guys who have pictures of there gun,i have 36 . 8 are fx i have edguns. I have been lucky to have a large number of high guality guns,and i have to say unless you really want to spend money and get a high end gun. Which i understand if you do,i did because i needed to now what i had to do to lessor guns to get them to thet standard.Dreamline by fx ,not crazy expensive but good.Good luck happy hunting.

21.1603760257.JPG
 This is the W/C MK2 .22 with 500mm barrel. Short, light, accurate, consistent and powerful. The silver area on the air tube is a plenum extension. I'm getting 40 regulated shots @around 920fps with the 18gr JSBs on a 230bar fill. It can be tuned hotter but I like it where it is now. Groups at 50 yards are 1/2 inch on average. This gun make me smile every time I shoot it.