FX harmonics

Why on earth the barrel is kept in place by one grub screw? Why the liner is as thin as a straw? Why the barrel is free floating and not tensioned properly?

Look at EdGun. The barrel is tensioned as a string.

I thought you hated FX? Why don't you show us a picture of yours and then describe the problem you're actually having instead of just starting a bitchfest about their design. BTW EDgun doesn't tension their barrels. Tensioning occurs when the barrel is secured to the breech then is stretched out by something like a shroud and fitment at the muzzle. Similar to a guitar string.

It is exactly like that in EDgun Matadors and Lelyas.

As of FX I am shocked that people buy such a design. A straw kept by one grub screw.

Why on earth the barrel is kept in place by one grub screw? Why the liner is as thin as a straw? Why the barrel is free floating and not tensioned properly?

I thought you hated FX? Why don't you show us a picture of yours and then describe the problem you're actually having instead of just starting a bitchfest about their design. BTW EDgun doesn't tension their barrels. Tensioning occurs when the barrel is secured to the breech then is stretched out by something like a shroud and fitment at the muzzle. Similar to a guitar string.

As of FX I am shocked that people buy such a design. A straw kept by one grub screw.

No one else makes barrels like FX, thats why its a different setup (which has already been explainedas to WHY in THIS THREAD). They shoot great.

Don't like it dont buy one, i dont see the problem here. 

See those pictures of the delta wolf? How many set screws there?

REEEEEEEEEEEE!! OMG OMG 3k and one set screw. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Screenshot_20200903-162202_DuckDuckGo.1599175480.jpg

No one else makes barrels like FX, thats why its a different setup. They shoot great.

Don't like it dont buy one, i dont see the problem here. 

See those pictures of the delta wolf? How many set screws there?

REEEEEEEEEEEE!! OMG OMG 3k and one set screw. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Screenshot_20200903-162202_DuckDuckGo.1599175480.jpg

Good one 😂

Fx, daystate, edgun or what ever airgun. NOTHING absolutely NOTHING justifies poop quality and bad designs airgun markets are full of. Barrels should be threaded on breech block, chambers should be cut, safety switch should lock action not just trigger etc etc list goes on and on and on. But hey we speak about REALLY expensive guns here so why do we approve it!!?!? Fx liners is one good example of super cheap manufacturing to increase margings by ALOT some say it works awesome. I personally would rather buy match grade hand lapped shilen rst barrel and have it machined to fit for same money as one waterpipe liner kit from FX. You dont need to be smart one to calculate who has the highest margings. Once again if it works for you awesome! Atleast it should with that money.

Anyhow if there would be so many problems and bad build quality on firearm world ppl would be mad but now its just OK to spend 3k on airgun and start crying about problems in internet month later. Like What!?! 

Fx, daystate, edgun or what ever airgun. NOTHING absolutely NOTHING justifies poop quality and bad designs airgun markets are full of. Barrels should be threaded on breech block, chambers should be cut, safety switch should lock action not just trigger etc etc list goes on and on and on. But hey we speak about REALLY expensive guns here so why do we approve it!!?!? Fx liners is one good example of super cheap manufacturing to increase margings by ALOT some say it works awesome. I personally would rather buy match grade hand lapped shilen rst barrel and have it machined to fit for same money as one waterpipe liner kit from FX. You dont need to be smart one to calculate who has the highest margings. Once again if it works for you awesome! Atleast it should with that money.

Anyhow if there would be so many problems and bad build quality on firearm world ppl would be mad but now its just OK to spend 3k on airgun and start crying about problems in internet month later. Like What!?! 

Everyone has their right to an opinion. Personally, I like the Impact platform concept and plan to buy one. Don't like it, don't buy it. Simple

You took the red pill 💊 it looks like. I am a powder burner...if a gun was that unreliable and sensitive I would toss it. It has a huge fan base here, so it must have some redeeming virtues. After all, high profit margins doesn’t necessitate it being a marketing gimmick and not worthy of the following it has. I avoid it, but many people I respect here love it. I would watch some reviews on YouTube and see why people love it. If you don’t, just don’t buy it. Easy.

Saying that there is only ONE WAY to do things is simply ridiculous. There may be only ONE WAY that you like things done. Fine. Good for you. Stick to that one way, but to claim that anything else is poop is nonsense. Both bandg and lieutenantcolubo are correct. If you don’t like it don’t buy it.

The great thing about diverse approaches to a problem is that it allows companies to try different routes to solve the problem. Over time it becomes apparent that more than one approach works. Each approach will have its trade-offs. We get to choose which one (or ones) we like and purchase accordingly. The fact that you prefer a different approach than that of FX doesn’t make FX’s approach wrong, just not you preference. The FX approach works for me and for many thousands of people, it wins in shooting competitions consistently. They must be doing something right. That doesn’t m,ean the others are wrong, just different.

I hope we never get to the situation where we are all forced to eat the same mush, drink from the same straw and believe there is only on way! I suspect that you wouldn’t like it either, since it might not be YOUR way.

Chris

Yep exactly what I said, my opinion. That on otherhand dose not change the fact that crubscrew hold barrels like most airguns have tend to have alot more lose fit than threading barrel to frame. Only reason not to do it is cutting costs and thats a fact not opinion. Also nothing justifies safety that can go off etc. None of these is not brand related stuff those are generally what every manufacturer dose on airguns and what I consider preventing airguns taking next leap towards better, safer and more accurate. We could argue about FX liner for ever I just used that as an example. Generally if you grimp pipe from outside to add "rifling" it bends that pipe to some dirrection 100% sure. And after that if you need press to push it back on line you already caused some metal fatique and permanent changes in shape that are corrected with press yes but that dose not remove material changes it have caused already and can cause some material weakness and new changes when you fire the gun and harmonics take action and shake that barrel.

If people love it its cool but like I said and things I mentioned I consider to be bad for airguns in general and its MY opinion but its heavily based on facts. 

The open market or the invisible hand and all that would and does prove the best of the best. Top of the top shooters go to what shoots the best. The real hardcore guys, and I mean hardcore, don’t give a cr@p about the brand or the name on the rifle, all they want is the very best to get the trophy and the accolades. So, if you want to look at whether or not the rifle is successful in the open market, look at compositions and see how many are using it and how well it shoots. Perhaps it can be made better. I for one don’t know, but I do know that at whatever level it is shooting at is above average to say the least. Benchrest compilations are replete with them, and there is a reason for that.

FX from what I hear is pretty communicative. Actually I’ve talked to them about a design question before. Shoot them a technical question. They might like input, they might have answers, or they might not mail back. If you think you have a way to improve their engineered rifle, tell them. If your idea works, they have every incentive to implement it and make their rifle better than their competitors (after all, they want to sell everyone the rifle ideally).

I like seeing a broad spectrum of opinions and the reasoning behind them. It's not necessary that we all agree, much less all of the time. In so many situations that would mean we were not thinking at all, or afraid to speak. I see plenty of good points being made all around, which makes this exactly the kind of discussion worth seeing and welcoming.

Yeah I don't understand why people are getting mad about it. I for one am not a fan of the FX liner situation and all that stuff. Not my thing at all. I did have an older FX Royale and that was a very nice gun with a nice solid barrel and 3 set screws holding it in. I also prefer having thick barreled guns that are tensioned. That's why Im a big fan of Edgun Matadors. Also the EVOL. Both are built extremely heavy duty and keep on going without POI changes from being bumped. Those are the guns I like. Riding around in my truck, using them on the farm there gonna get bumped around and everything and need to perform perfectly while doing so. And also not a fan of adjustable knobs on the outside as they can get bumped and mess up a shot. But I can understand from a competitors point of view why FX is appealing. They definitely can shoot no doubt but not everyone wants formula 1 cars. I prefer a tank.

Yeah I don't understand why people are getting mad about it. I for one am not a fan of the FX liner situation and all that stuff. Not my thing at all. I did have an older FX Royale and that was a very nice gun with a nice solid barrel and 3 set screws holding it in. I also prefer having thick barreled guns that are tensioned. That's why Im a big fan of Edgun Matadors. Also the EVOL. Both are built extremely heavy duty and keep on going without POI changes from being bumped. Those are the guns I like. Riding around in my truck, using them on the farm there gonna get bumped around and everything and need to perform perfectly while doing so. And also not a fan of adjustable knobs on the outside as they can get bumped and mess up a shot. But I can understand from a competitors point of view why FX is appealing. They definitely can shoot no doubt but not everyone wants formula 1 cars. I prefer a tank.

Seems to make sense. The specific use of the tool in question is important. I can see how people might not consider the FX platform great for use as you describe i.e. as a truck gun. Probably better choices for that use. All relative.

Seems to make sense. The specific use of the tool in question is important. I can see how people might not consider the FX platform great for use as you describe i.e. as a truck gun. Probably better choices for that use. All relative.

Agreed. Also, never doubt the strength of a single grub screw. Less contact points on a barrel I.e. free floating is extremely effective.

I have owned a few diferent brands of air guns (not all guns or brands) but the ones I've kept are my FX guns. (.30 Boss, .22 and .25 wildcat) I have owned them for a few years now and find them accurate and reliable. I had a leshiy and it was great but it wouldn't out shoot my wildcat with the 500mm barrel nor was the trigger any where near as good. To me the wildcat with 500mm barrel is as good a truck gun as you can get.I'm not saying that FX makes the best guns I'm saying that all manufactures have issues but seems a lot of haters bashing FX.

21.1599249970.JPG

Look closely at the barrel support....awesome gun!