FX Halo slugs

I don’t feel comfortable with a test crew member. If it’s anything like the superior liners that are now what, on their third or fourth version? Makes me wonder how many $$ are out there in unused liners either collecting dust or became tomato stakes. Could I have done better? Of course not as that’s not my forte’, but I would’ve rather have seen people like Knifemaker Mike on that crew, a person whose been dealing with slugs, slug barrels for a very long time. Tofazforyou(name spelling may be incorrect) is another guy who comes to mind that should’ve been a part of that.

I like FX, will continue to support their products, but sometimes I wonder on the crews they pick out to do the R&D. Ernest has done a great job on the impact platform and I’m sure he had something to do with the wildcat BT cause I’ve seen old pics of a bottled wildcat that he owned long ago. It’s the liners with all the versions that came out that I feel got released too early without thorough testing. Like that slug power kit, with the adjustable probe to push the pellet closer to the lands. Once you find that, good luck trying to pull your mag out, or get one in. Yeah, same guy with the liners.

I hope this new Ammo proves me wrong. I’d hate to see cases upon cases just being sold and passed off cause they couldn’t shoot worth a darn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Impact701
Like others have said before me, price will be the main factor. If the price is comparable to pellets, I'd give them a try. But I do mostly pesting and seldom shoot past 75-80 yards. Pellets tend to lose energy more rapidly than slugs so with pellets there is less concern about pass-through damage to farm buildings and equipment.