FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

If you think guys the Halo are going to be cheap… you’re wrong… look at their fancy cases. They also have a dedicated barrel …

View attachment 425474
That’s what took the .35 Hybrids so long because of the dedicated barrel they were working on. Also they’re initial claim of justas cheap as pellets is probably a lie.

Well, just like
the UFO I saw in January, and
Bigfoot who made tracks in my front yard....
there was a another sighting of the HALO slug!! 😳

See for yourself:

Projectiles.   Slugs.   Large Meplat.  Industrial Object, 50cal as in 50cm in Diameter.jpg

I think this is a 50 cal....
50 — as in 50cm in diameter.

Matthias 😉

Last edited:
See for yourself:
Daum i would HATE to splice that wire the old fashioned way / the proper way.
Anyone that have spliced a wire will know.

I once helped splice a 3/4 " wire, OMG what a backbreaking piece of work.

Regarding the packaging, it could be as the cavity in them is so large, they are actually pretty fragile so could maybe deform if packaged a bunch of them in a box.

"These will be priced the same as pellets now" The same price as pellets? The same price as pellets for a tin of 500 compared to this slugs for a packet of 50, or something in that order? I first want to see it on the shelf before making a final decision. If it's price compares to pellets per shot, not per packet, then yes. But I doubt it very much.
For that matter, I cannot see why slugs must be so much more expensive than pellets. It is not the material cost that makes all the difference and manufacturing cost cannot be more expensive as well. Same machine, different die.

I cannot see why slugs must be so much more expensive than pellets
Same, from my perspective a Slug mold got to be cheaper to make than the more complicated shape of a pellet, i would assume a EDM machine could just spit out such molds, and then i assume a final grind to smooth out surface and hit final size.

That remind me, grinding very small holes, like 12 mm or so, the diamond bit was spinning at insane RPM, resulting finish was almost mirror like, very nice.

Absolutely, After working on the project and going through a lot of challenges ( thanks to our Taj Mahal of a "Manager"), Fredrik is delivering what he had envisioned. You should see the product on the shelves soon. Cant wait for the feedback, These are light slugs perfect for out of the box FX PCP's.
So, is the price going to be the same as pellets like they promised from the beginning or are they going to use r&d on the liner as an excuse to jack up the price? I am almost done with FX and their antics. Like buying the Immersive line, putting “Element” branding on them and jacking the prices up almost double. Getting a real bad vibe from all that greediness.

Reactions: john8
So, is the price going to be the same as pellets like they promised from the beginning or are they going to use r&d on the liner as an excuse to jack up the price? I am almost done with FX and their antics. Like buying the Immersive line, putting “Element” branding on them and jacking the prices up almost double. Getting a real bad vibe from all that greediness.
Cant deny that FX is an expensive brand. But with Ammunition pricing, you will be surprised! Cant spill the beans but Fredrik has a vision for large scale manufacturing.