FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

I think there are some consideration, but we have also seen heavy slugs you have been forced to single load as they would not fit in magazines.
And so you get the hop up makers, making the mags that can "eat" a slug that size, but i also thing at least some brands are also considering making magazines that are a little bigger as they have seen the writing on the wall.
And i do think with better valving you will also be able to push heavier slugs as they should be pushed.

My rifles ( all .177 ) have no problem fitting in the biggest rounds there is in that caliber ( 20 - 21 grains ) but i am having a little problem cycling them correct, and so have experienced a few 2X loadings, which can be a pain in the butt as getting magazine out to push the slugs in the barrel backwards out of the rifle can be tricky.

2 X loading with lighter pellets or slugs, absolutely no problem.

Regarding Halo SLUGS, all I'm hoping for is a projectile that expands so rapidly that the slug-- A. does not pass through raccoons. B. facilitate extremely rapid bleed out. C. will expand at lower velocities as to remain QUIET when used in my Impact, Maverick, and hopefully a future Sidewinder.

Regarding Halo SLUGS, all I'm hoping for is a projectile that expands so rapidly that the slug-- A. does not pass through raccoons. B. facilitate extremely rapid bleed out. C. will expand at lower velocities as to remain QUIET when used in my Impact, Maverick, and hopefully a future Sidewinder.
If you are looking for very soft lead slug you should definitely give a Zan slugs a try, the accuracy is also outstanding. Yesterday I spent the afternoon blasting sparrows and starling at 155 m in a light breeze shooting .25 Zan slugs 41 grain wit my Impact M3 at 980 fps. I recovered one of the starling and the exit hole is huge.

I assume these will still fit the FX mags?
I just bought an extra mag for my FX Crown 2, .30 cal, and it came with an extra cover that made room for longer projectiles.
After a closer exam the extra cover makes the mag thicker, so it must adapt it to another Fx product.

20230614_180113.jpg

Last edited:
Come to think....:
For all this push to
say "Goodbye" to pellets —

I have something else on the tip of my tongue:

I really want to
say "Hello" to Halos.

When can we finally meet and get properly acquainted? 🤔

😇 Fortunately, I have not followed the push to say "Goodbye" to my pellets and buried them in the trashcan (errh, the regional toxic waste disposal facilty).
Because otherwise I might not have anything to shoot with! 😝

Matthias

Hmmm....I"m wondering if they're maybe having copyright/patent/legal challenges. I found this on the internet. And DAMN it looks wicked!

I just bought an extra mag for my FX Crown 2, .30 cal, and it came with an extra cover that made room for longer projectiles.
After a closer exam the extra cover makes the mag thicker, so it must adapt it to another Fx product.

View attachment 364624
Does it fit your crown?
I think you may have got a Panthera mag - that's got a thicker clear cover.

Edit:
Sorry I see it came with both. Yah the thicker one is for a Panthera

Reactions: .20calguy

View attachment 364624
They are doing that now due to the Panthera using the same magazine. The face plate are next to nothing in cost.

The mag bodies are the same, so you get both covers. If you don't need one cover just toss it or give it to someone who needs it.

A bit of a side-comment. These just look like regular slugs to me.

My impression is they're going for the standard slug design of "open front" to maximize expansion on penetration. But that leads to gyroscopic stability issues. IMO I think you'd get an overall better slug design if you made the entire front of the slug solid. Maybe you'd have to do some sort of metallurgical alchemy to ensure it's solid enough to spin stabilize but could still appropriately fragment on impact. Sort of like what people are doing with solid copper bullets, nowadays.