FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

It only has religious reference/undertones under the following conditions:
1. FX - Can't get their issues resolved and people blame it on an Act of God
2. When you start shooting them and they group in feet not inches and someone Blames God
3. The wind pushes them around more than expected and someone Blames God

All in fun. :)

Smitty
It is likely that some percentage of people (the human race) will always believe in myths. :eek:

Of course, everyone is HONEST about their shooting capabilities and that of their gun(s). (chuckle) o_O:devilish:

Reactions: Smitty911
It is likely that some percentage of people (the human race) will always believe in myths. :eek:

Of course, everyone is HONEST about their shooting capabilities and that of their gun(s). (chuckle) o_O:devilish:
Can't be a myth, he gets blamed for too much, can't blame things that don't exist. :unsure:
AS far as shooting capabilities, I can honestly say that I can poke holes in paper at various distances. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: BeMeUp
Can't be a myth, he gets blamed for too much, can't blame things that don't exist. :unsure:
AS far as shooting capabilities, I can honestly say that I can poke holes in paper at various distances. :ROFLMAO:

OooooKay. I was taught never to argue with a fool, zealot... (I could list more), but for the sake of the forum, I will leave it there.

AGN rules exclude politics and religion for a reason.

Back to airguns.

Last edited:
Shooting FX will I be able to shoot them out of my Superior barrels, or will I need my Superior heavy barrel?
Will they power out @ pellet speeds or will we need slug speeds?
My maverick is very accurate w/25g. 886 fps.on 3, 90/130. Its virtually silent and shows no effort in firing, So, the first question matters to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: s_mack

Back to airguns.

This was kind of my half joking/half serious point with the name of the product...the context of the product's name that is being implied is against agn's rules, imo, due to the conversation it could potentially generate 🤷‍♂️

But back to airguns, I'm sure these pellugs would have done a number on the furry hoppers I took last night. Wonder how they'd do vs the trash pandas

Last edited:
Shooting FX will I be able to shoot them out of my Superior barrels, or will I need my Superior heavy barrel?
Will they power out @ pellet speeds or will we need slug speeds?
My maverick is very accurate w/25g. 886 fps.on 3, 90/130. Its virtually silent and shows no effort in firing, So, the first question matters to me.
Due the the short stubby length on the pellugs, I'd imagine standard superior would be the ticket. Longer slugs require the faster twist to stabilize--these are like the super lightweight NSA slugs, which shoot great out of the standard superior. Nick makes a 17.5gr .22 slug, 29gr .25 and 43.8gr .30...so these lighter weight 'slugs' already exist. I can tell you that the 29gr shoot great with my 33.95 king heavy tune, identical speeds. Would expect the same out of these new FX pellugs.

Reactions: 850renxrs
OooooKay. I was taught never to argue with a fool, zealot... (I could list more), but for the sake of the forum, I will leave it there.

Back to airguns.
The whole "Halo" could have been the lead ring around the hole the pellet, slug or bullet leaves.
I see someone is missing not only a sense of humor but the target as well. Glad you went straight to name calling, good on you.

Smitty

A slug with a large hollowpoint which yields lighter weights. FX has great marketing, I’ll give you guys that. Well, except for that dual Impact shroud idea. Never saw that one come to fruition, obviously.
View attachment 279497

The way you guys rename existing products and call it new; just don’t understand why consumers don’t see it for what it is but good for y’all.

Pellets aren’t being replaced. Plenty of folks need pellets for shortish distances. They also want a projectile that scrubs off speed and energy quickly so as to be safe for shooting in close proximity to sensitive areas.
Exactly, " If it looks like a Duck, Walks like a Duck, and Quacks like a Duck"! What's next " The Emperors Clothes". Gaslighting by any other name is still Gaslighting! But to each his/hers own.

Last edited:
The whole "Halo" could have been the lead ring around the hole the pellet, slug or bullet leaves.

While I started my posts about the connotations of the word halo in half-jest, the more I think about it, the more I don't like what FX is implying with the name.

But they fork over a bunch of moola here so guess they can do whatever they'd like.

I'll still try em for short range pesting but the name is cringey and implies a religious-based concept. And if the counter is the rim around the edge of the HP, then call it the FX Big Rimmer 😂

While I started my posts about the connotations of the word halo in half-jest, the more I think about it, the more I don't like what FX is implying with the name.

But they fork over a bunch of moola here so guess they can do whatever they'd like.

I'll still try em for short range pesting but the name is cringey and implies a religious-based concept. And if the counter is the rim around the edge of the HP, then call it the FX Big Rimmer 😂
I'm not sure you can bring up Rimmer either. :)
I'll be sticking with Pellets for my shooting needs. I've shot a couple slugs through my rifles, but I'd rather shoot and get me sorted out before I start screwing around to much.
Smitty

• Haha
Reactions: M0ist0ne
i can accept pellugs or slullet,

OR.......my own mis-mash....slugetts lol

but in all seriousness,
if they are accurate they look like they would be devastating on fleshy targets.

that said,
im hoping they actually come to be.

ill definitely buy some to try in my m3 compact.

because,for whatever reason,
"myself" i have found better slug accuracy with slugs that have a wider nose cavity and hence a flatter nose profile (compared to very pointed style slugs) and i like the dish base.

just my 2 cents,probably worth a 3rd of that haha

Reactions: tibor
Looking forward to another innovative product from FX (like others say: the Tesla of the airgun industry)!

Some things to keep in mind:
1. need to have it in the stores by the fall, not like many other FX products still languishing somewhere
2. must be uniform quality: so not having to size and weight up to 100 yard distances
3. need some sort of a guide on the type of (FX) barrel(s) to use with as to remove any doubts about having an optimum shooting platform setup for this particulate sluglet (slug-(pel)let)
Yep, just like Tesla which I'll never be able to afford either.🥺

Trying to get airguns to shoot bullets of conventional design using conventional thinking has always been a pebble in our shoe. Trying to get an airgun to do what a powder burner does inside the chamber and barrel is impossible. Time to think outside the box with how a slug is weighted and how it can be crushed. At least someone is trying, not just pumping out little lead bullets in various diameters per caliber.

Reactions: 2L8
Let me clarify further as I reread what we wrote earlier. These will be priced the same as pellets now (JSB level quality, not Gamo ;))
Is JSB making these? Will they be able to keep up with any anticipated demand? Will they take production priority over pellets? if so, this will make it even harder for the guys who are shooting pellets to get ammo

Reactions: ThomasT
I like to keep modest REG pressures, so i can easy transition to more conventional ammo, so in general i dont go further than 110 BAR in my .177
It just seem so wrong having to go to 150 BAR to push a .177 slug, even if it is a heavy 20 grain one.

I was okay with my old cyclone to just shoot the one / couple of good pellets i found for it.
But with a modern expensive multi adjustable rifle i expect to be able to shoot more things, and change in between them fairly easy,,,,, and the latter is where i find things a bit lacking.
At least as far as if we are talking FX barrels that is made for pellets but can shoot lighter slugs okay too.
But as swapping a barrel are not the biggest thing,,,, well at least if it is the whole system and not just the straw.

I was actually contemplating ( ditching the original 600 mm barrel ) making a complete 700 mm barrel, shroud - barrel pipe - end fittings / transfer port and all, but that is simply stupid expensive.
Actually as doing that is what i call ability to swap caliber, well i feel the FX lingo are a bit misleading, even if you do have your straw marked co you can put it in the pipe and get a predictable POI when you fire it.

But i would not call a modern FX rifle caliber swappable, i would call it caliber rebuildable.

AND BTW.,,,,,,,,, the end pieces of my 600 mm barrel, well they was "glued" in there like a SOB, i kid you not i heated things up well over what i would prefer, and still i completely ruined the original 1 hole transfer port piece.

And i am familiar with locktite i use a weak model of it often in my RC cars.