FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

The pellet has provided accuracy and efficiency; the staple projectile of choice of airguns for the last century… until now. Introducing the latest innovation from FX Airguns: FX Halo Ammunition. The replacement for the airgun pellet.

FX Halos share the best characteristics of the pellet (high accuracy, low working pressures needed to shoot at optimum speeds) but with nearly double the ballistic coefficient making them more accurate than pellets.

AGN3.jpg

The FX Halo was conceived in the mind of Fredrik Axelsson. He knew that the pellet was going to quickly fade in relevance. Modern PCP Airguns simply don’t need the parachute/shuttlecock shape of the pellet to achieve accuracy anymore. The pellet design also limits the ability to shoot at further distances with an airgun, and shooters desire to stretch their rifles out to further distances with extreme precision.

Fredrik perfected the FX Halo with the help of the famed FX South African R&D team (Matt Dubber, Hein Fromann, Roelf Vorster) as well as renowned tooling engineer and die manufacturer Kenith Almeida. The combination of these minds working together has created an airgun ammunition that will replace pellets and give an easy ammunition for air rifles to shoot accurately. Perfect for the shooter that wants the performance of slugs but at pellet settings and tuning.

AGN2.jpg

Halos will come in the standard weights of the most popular pellets for each caliber. They shoot at more or less the same speeds to match the velocity and efficiency of rifles tuned for common pellets, but with a much higher BC. This creates extreme stability in flight to provide enhanced accuracy.

Expect that the FX Halo Ammunition will replace your pellets as the common round used for everything from pest control, small game hunting, target shooting, and backyard plinking. The future of airgun ammo is FX Halo Ammunition. FX Halos are coming soon. More details to follow.

AGN1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.
I am for sure up for trying a tin or two of the .177 ones.

Cost ?
I have always assumed, that slugs got to be cheaper to make the mold for VS pellets, but it is of course just one of those things that rummage around in my grey goo between the ears.

If i could get those at the same time i got a .177 slug liner,,,,,, i would be a happy chappy :giggle:

Has anyone ( besides cheap old me) considered the increased cost? One of the reasons I got into air gunning and willing to pony up for the gun & gear,
Was the cost of ammo would HELP offset the original outlay.
The price will be similar to pellets :)

when will they be available, also is the jsb place producing them, wil they be more sized and weight accurate, what liner o would think superior liner if they will be more like pellets, as far as tests if you shoot a 18 gr pellet at ay 930fps will these need to be powered up like a slug to perform
Settings will be more or less the same between pellets and Halos of the same weight and caliber. The idea is you don't need to hotrod a gun and power it up. You can keep shot efficiency and low reg pressures!

Halo-Low-Pressure-Great-Again-B.jpg