FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

No, it's marketing for their new pellugs. These are just short, fat slugs with the most notable 'new' piece being they have an extra large hollow point. Lighter weight slugs have comparable BC's vs what is being pitched to us here
Ah, that makes sense. Either way it's great. More advancement of projectiles in air guns is great. Thanks

Reactions: s_mack
Yeah, should be decent for small game and pesting with some good expansion. I'd probably skip it on larger critters as the penetration will be lacking.
Haven't tried hunting anything yet with my Impact M3 but I've only been shooting pellets so far. I've got Zan slugs on the way. I'll tune it for that and then maybe do a bit of hunting. Got a few bunnies out back that need some lead :)

Over in the UK the cost of Slugs and Pellets has gone through the roof with the more popular pellets almost impossible to find and when you do find them sellers are asking silly money. We are also under the threat of a Lead ban as are the EU country’s. As soon as a retailer gets pellets in they are almost always sold the same day. It’s getting stupid now last year my go to JSBs we’re around £9.50 or there shouts now if i can find them they are just under the £20 mark.

So Mr FX please do some production runs before sending orders to retailers otherwise there will be a fare few shooters getting a tad upset. I mean to say FX is renown for its forward thinking and bringing new ideas to market but FX are also known for not being able to keep up with demand.
m My was on a waiting list with the importers to the U.K. for five months in the end we had a away day to Europe and picked up a U.K. legal one I had ordered two days previously naturally we cancelled the U.K. order. We still got it cheaper than it was advertised for at home.
One reason I am gearing up to mold swage and press my own...

Bold statement! I do like that FX, even in a failed project at least they tried!! Love that! For me slugs are my absolute least favorite projectile to shoot. Tuning is a nightmare, expensive and time consuming. Pellets are easy and for 100 yards do well if you are even just an average shooter. Best think FX could do is put out basic starting tunes for their rifles for this "new ammo". Help people actually get to shooting, instead of the perpetual cycle of tuning and tinkering.
that is a epic observation with the new M3 line they could all but drop a paper with "tuned settings" per weapon ( self serving purpose ) sell the ammo and upsell the new platform ( this will also antiquate past models which they could eventually End of life ) Grand marketing and Logistical tactic. Hats off to them

Okay another point/question. I know a lot of people like and want hollow points and apparently the bigger the hollow point the better, but wouldn’t one get a BC from a slug that is not hollow or just a small hollow. For long distance hunting, presumably the hunting slugs would be used for, the BC is important as it means more energy on target and the slugs, over those distances loose a lot of energy. Isn’t there a point when penetration depth becomes more important than expansion? I once read that a populate small handgun cartridges was more effective for personal protection as a FMJ than the hollow point self defense rounds, because with that particular cartridge it need penetration depth more. I would think the same could be said for airgun ammo at longer ranges. This all makes me wonder why no one, that I am aware of, has made a slug that is not hollow point. It would have better BC, better accuracy at distance, better energy on target, and better penetration.
Shooter1721 has a video showing what slugs do to blocks of clay, goes out to 300 yds for Hahas, pretty impressive expansion100-200 yds goes thru 4 in thick clay leaves cigar sized cavities inside, impressive video

Even if having a big inventory collecting dust on shelves are a bad business idea, i would personally establish a good amount of product before i launch my nice new product.

The "JIT" production concept,,,,, i just hate it. ( that mean Just In Time ) Meaning for instance if you are a car maker, well the sub contractor will not make and ship the seats for your cars just before you need them, so this way you do not have XXXX seats sitting in a warehouse.
Just in time only works when you have complete control over your product from raw materials to final inspection, when the company I work for out sourced all manufacturing and became just an assembly line our on time delivery fell by half while we waited for some other company to make our parts. What money was saved to out sourcing was lost paying people to stand around doing nothing while waiting for parts, and then paying overtime to try and meet schedules when they finally came in. Funny my company out sourced most work to Russia ,now their running around like chickens with heads cut off trying to bring the work back but the Russians won’t give back the millions in tooling we sent over to build the parts .

I have seen things here in Denmark getting outsourced to say Poland, only to be back sourced in a few years.
One example i have was harvester parts, which was made in Poland then driven to Denmark for me to paint, and then off to ??? for assembly.

Often though i had to turn back parts, as there was many things missing on them, so bad i dident even need the drawings of the parts to tell " something is wrong here "
So back to Poland.

Clearly there have been a huge lapse of intelligence, with people doing anything / getting dependant on anything from Russia, i mean come on the mad dog leader over there, he is not a new thing, and even before him with Jeltzin the path for Russia was clear, IE the wild wild east.

I was in Russia ( that be still at the time soviet Russia ) in 1990, actually in Odesa, and unloading our huge tanker off gasoline,,,,,,, OMG on a level Danish politicians will have to push harder to reach, even if most things here are OMG as it is.
Took abouty a week to empty the ship, when if all PRO on the reciving end and all out pumops going we could empty the ship in 8 hours,,,,,, though i must say i have never seen that, even at HUGE refineries where you could not see anything other than refinery as far as your eye can see.

This is a worldwide ( business... )
Keep in mind Fx anything will be MFG by JSB ( if it is ammo ... ) to date as there is too much money to be lost if they anger JSB
How many MFG for airgun ammo are now arising?
now we have a Serbian Ammo MFG in the game...
The cogs are many but the winding ( partially different )
I guarantee the "timing" will still be the same
add some secret sauce "like apple" [loosely {developed in sweden} like the packaging graphics]
Trust me I get it after 35 years in Tech "Asia based"
I hated going to specific countries because each had their *catch*
India wanted everything for COST
China wanted to steal the tech
Malaysia expected forever Professional services
Indonesia required bribes or gifts
The examples go on...
Now USA currently is in a tech crunch because of this 24 years outsourcing to WiPro in india BPO has dropped Tech prices, but also the Quality of tech you could acquire and that is just one example....
Every day the world gets smaller. but it does not mean it is getting better...

Just a bit of reference in the real world ... eventually you will have quality of the same range as Swedish FX/JSB ammo stateside or in your home country just due to the "strife" or need not always because others catch on, but because the quality of what is produced will begin to fail being quality.

Just my .02 cents

When these new FX slugs hit the market, JSB will shut it doors. What would be the point to continue making pellets when these new slugs will make pellets obsolete. When JSB shuts its doors..there will be a domino effect and ALL pellets manufacturers will follow suit...because pellets will no longer be need or wanted...because they will all be obsolete...thanks to FX's new slugs.😆

There is one concern there... let us just whisper for a moment
If JSB ( which currently makes the ogive hybrids and pellets .. ) they have the mfg and the tooling ( plus they also have a cheaper labor force ) these are things which will ensure their doors stay open remember all those other weapons to date which cannot fire slugs.
Plus that would mean FX has been building a secret MFG plant in the ( climate change capital of the world with Gretas Thunbergs approval ) <--- which I highly doubt.
Need and want are always offset by price and function.. if I am punching paper I would be more open to pay 3.~5 cents a round vs 20 to 25... remember if I am going to pay that much I will burn powder.
Air makes sense as long as the prices and primers keep going up...
When slugs or whatever is next hit .25 cents a round hell I may just start rolling my own like I have for powder burners the past 4 decades..